Monday, January 8, 2007

Altered Art goes Digital

Over the holidays my photographer friend Rick (see his link) spent several hours teaching me some basics of using layers in Photoshop. I have been trying for a long time to learn but this particular skill has eluded me. I even failed Photoshop for Dummies.

So you can imagine how excited I was when I told Rick what it was I wanted to do in Photoshop and he said, oh, sure, I can show you how to do that. He opened up a whole new world for me. It was just what I needed...a new obsession.

I'm so excited about what I learned I wanted to share some of the fun I've been having


This will definitely be a photo I use in a new piece of work.

I know some people would say, oh puh-leze, that is so basic Photoshop. But for someone who has struggled and struggled to learn on her own, and failed miserably, this is like getting your first taste of candy and then being turned loose in a candy store. :-)

I'm now in the process of learning to make my own digital brushes and it IS A BLAST!!!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Photoshop is an art form unto itself.

I know when I finally figured out the magic want tool it was like the universe doubled in size!

I LOVE this new direction you are going in btw.

Oh yeah - I mentioned you on my blog today. Figured I should tell you... LOL.

http://mw-artco.blogspot.com/2007/01/new-on-etsy-hand-drawn-gift-tags.html

Shabby Cottage Studio said...

"The universe doubled in size" EXACTLY!!! Aptly put! Thanks Michelle.

arlene said...

I need a Rick in my life. I'm a spectacular failure at photshop layers at this point. ...have the dummies book too. My current strategy is to encourage my 13 year old son to teach it to himself so he can teach me.

Love your blog!

arlene

Shabby Cottage Studio said...

Thanks so much Arlene! You have my sympathy and if I could share Rick (LOL) I certainly would, but he and his wife might not agree with me :-) I have been struggling for years. Hang in there kiddo & get that kid learning! heehee ;-)