Saturday, January 27, 2007

NightSky

Our topic this week was actually an art project. The theme was night. I've found a simple enjoyment in the creating of shadow boxes and plan to do more. And I've also had this image of a night sky for quite a while I knew I wanted to use somehow, some way. I had no idea after that. So I started thumbing through my images, hoping something would just "jump" out at me. I had totally forgotten about this image of the fairy and once she "jumped" out at me I didn't look any further. I think this is a perfect marriage of two completely different images. I will be putting this 4"x4" shadow box on auction this week.

The iron tongue of midnight hath told twelve.
Lovers, to bed,'tis almost fairy time.

~William Shakespeare
A Midsummer Night's Dream


6 comments:

Lisa said...

Love your blog!

Shabby Cottage Studio said...

Thank you So much!

M.Anderson said...

Alright Gail! This is great. I love the quote to go with it.

Shabby Cottage Studio said...

Heehee, dont' you think she looks like she's just waiting for Fairy time!

PG Cork said...

Gail, this one has awesome visual texture! Love it! And the quote is perfect!

Penny :)

Shabby Cottage Studio said...

Awww, thanks Penny!! :D