Saturday, February 3, 2007

Post A Rant

Our topic this week is to post a rant. Now, on first thought, I said to myself, oh, that'll be easy. There's so many things to rant about these days. Ask my husband. He'll tell you I have no problem getting myself worked up into a rant. But I've spent all week trying to get up a head of steam to rant and to my amazement...nothing. Nothing!!!

How could this be? There is no end to some of the things that can annoy me and send me into the "rant zone". Sometimes I have spent days in that zone. I don't know what's happening to me. Here is the perfect opportunity, I've actually been given an "assignment" to do this and...zip...nada.

I guess nothing has really teed me off this week! :-) Not the crumbs my loving husband has been leaving on the kitchen counter for years now, assuming the maid will come along and wipe up...or the sink full of dirty dishes he leaves for that maid to wash.

I can usually work up a head of steam about rude and mannerless people...I mean it takes more energy to be rude and mannerless than it does to just be nice. But nope. Not this week.

Then there are the customer service people online who have the inability to read an email and respond to the actual content of said email, instead launching into some explanation that has absolutely nothing to do with the question or problem stated in the email. I can't believe I can't get worked up over their total ineffectualness and the hair pulling frustration they have caused me at times.

Gosh, I can't believe I'm so blase this week...I mean there have been times when I've prided myself on my rants...they've been intelligent and well articulated and filled with pearls of hard earned wisdom.

I think...I think, I remember this, I think it's called a good mood. That must be it!!! I've been in a good mood all week.

Hmmmm... I wonder what caused this............

;-)

10 comments:

PG Cork said...

Gail, what a great post and rant! I had the same problem this week, too! And, I was the silly who made the suggestion! A good mood and attitude will carry you so much farther than a rant ever could!

Penny :)

Shabby Cottage Studio said...

Heehee, you're right Penny! And I so thought a rant would be easy! ;-)

Garden Painter Art said...

Gail: This is such a great post. Try to hang on to that good mood and spread it around!! I'm a good ranter myself, but on that miraculous and rare occasion that I'm flying happy, I try to make a point of spreading my "joy"

Would you like to trade links?

Kim
Garden Painter Art
gnarly-dolls

Garden Painter Art said...

Hi Gail:

This is such a great post. On those days that you find yourself in a good mood, try to spread it all around you.

I am a bit of a ranter myself, and on those rare occasions that I find myself flying happy, I try to spread it around to everyone I come in contact with!!

Thanks for a good laugh!!

Kim
Garden Painter Art
gnarly-dolls

Would you be interested in exchanging links?

Shabby Cottage Studio said...

Thanks Kim! I'm adding your link to my blog. :-)

Garden Painter Art said...

Thanks Gail:

Sorry about the double post. It took me a moment to realize that you approve comments. Like the computer amateur that I am, I posted twice, think that my original comment didn't go through.

Kim

Shabby Cottage Studio said...

Kim not a problem! :-)

Lisa said...

hehe Great non-rant.

Shabby Cottage Studio said...

Thanks Lisa ;-)

Altered Kat said...

LOL...great post...hang in there ;o)