Sunday, March 4, 2007

An Ode to Sisters

If you have a sister, or sisters, and are close, you'll understand the sentiments in this book. I have one sister, younger, and we're pretty darn close. We've had our misunderstandings but they have been very few and very far between. Mostly what we have between us is a lot of laughter. My oldest niece once paid me the nicest compliment by telling me that my sister and I are very funny when we're together. Now whether she MEANT it as a compliment, I chose not to ask. ;-)

To me one of the very best things about having my sister is that we have the same sense of humor. We GET the same things. And sometimes all it takes is a look, a snort, a twinkle in the eye, to set us off. What better gift can one have than being able to laugh with someone! you love!

So this book I'm listing on Ebay tonight is all about having a sister. I hope you enjoy it.








8 comments:

Gypsy Purple said...

Lovely book...great sentiment

Chamara

Garden Painter Art said...

You know, I actually do not have any sisters. I remember being young and desperately wishing for a sister. I had only 1 brother and he was 11 years older then me. How fortunate you are to have such a great relationship with your sis.

The book is lovely. Did you show it to your sister?

Kim
Garden Painter Art
gnarly-dolls

Shabby Cottage Studio said...

Thank you both! Kim, she hasn't seen it yet!

Penny Cork said...

"...and she was only in sixth grade at the time." That is so funny and sweet. You have such a charming style, Gail!

Penny :)

Garden Painter Art said...

Just wanted to thank you for the kind words you left on my blog post yesterday. Now I feel a little foolish for using my blog to wallow in self doubt. LOL

Thanks for understanding:
Kim
Garden Painter Art
gnarly-dolls

Diane Duda said...

this is lovely! i do have a sister and i can't imagine my life without her.

Altered Kat said...

Love the book...enjoyed the story...thanks :o)

Kat~1 younger sister too

Shabby Cottage Studio said...

Thanks everybody, glad you enjoyed!

Kim I didn't see it as wallowing, we all have those kind of questions about our chosen craft from time to time. :-)