Saturday, March 3, 2007

WInding Up

Our group post this week is our interpretation of "winding up". My first thought was of something like a wind up toy, or winding up a music box. Then I had a picture in my head of a pitcher on the mound winding up his arm and body to throw that pitch. Or a child winding themselves up to really pitch a tantrum. Actually I've seen a few adults so this also. ;-)

But what it all boiled down to for me was winding up...as in the finishing of or ending of something. You know, well... I'm finally winding up the week, looking forward to relaxing this weekend. Or..., finally, I'm winding up that project and whoo boy, I'll be glad to be done with it!

Makes me think maybe it's a "regional thing" and I love discovering different regional interpretations of words and phrases. So does anyone else, wind up their week by Friday?

3 comments:

Garden Painter Art said...

Yep, around here we wind up the week on Friday. Then... we use the weekend to wind down!

Kim
Garden Painter Art
gnarly-dolls

Ellen Leigh said...

Love to know more about this group you write about! Can anyone join? It sure sounds inspiring, and you can't have too many friends, especially creative ones! I'd love to be a part of this group!
Ellen Leigh

CEDAR JUNCTION said...

Around here, our "regional thing" is fixin' to. (I'm from Texas if you hadn't figured that out) btw, Gail, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the dangly pendant I bought from you!! Thanks so much!! - Teresa