Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Changing My Blog & New Papers

For my repeat visitors (and I SO appreciate every one of you) I got my blog problem straightened out. I've been working on it all day and I think now I can say it's done. You might notice it's a little different. ;-)

I loved the black background but it kept making feel like I needed to change my business name to better reflect what I think the black represented. It's a bit of a long story, but I came about my business name a bit by default and it would be just to disruptive to try and change to something else at this point in time. Thus I decided to totally embrace the Shabby Cottage part of my name and hopefully my blog now reflects my name. I think it's pretty and I always strive to make my art pretty. Even though some people turn their nose up at pretty I think the world today can never have enough of pretty. Now, did I use the word pretty enough times? :-D

So, OK, wanna see something pretty? I have spent the first part of this year digitally designing my own paper and am ready to put some of it out here in the world, see how it's received. Since I would never know what another artist might want to do with the paper I wanted to make sure they could use a wet media with the papers. So all my papers are laser printed. You will start seeing them on Ebay and Etsy. There are varying sizes of one design per 8.5" x 11" sheet of paper.





11 comments:

Garden Painter Art said...

Gail,

You know what I would use these papers for? I would use them to construct a skirt for one of my paper dolls!!

The paper is delicious and I think you're going to do well selling it on eBay and Etsy.

I love your new banner and I honestly do think that "pretty pink" is more relevant to your blog and your art in general.

Love your paper!

Kim
Garden Painter Art
gnarly-dolls

Amber said...

Gail I love your new papers...They are really beautiful!!
I think you were right that your new blog fits your name a little better...so nice to see the "new" you:0)
hugs,
Amber

Sam I Am said...

very pretty..and love the new banner... its beautiful :)
lovin' the papers!!!!
hugs..sandy

kim said...

Hi Gail,

Yes I love this new background, so much easier to read than the black.

These papers are gorgeous, I would like to buy some, but I once tried to buy something from you and you don't sell to Canada? So I just thought I would ask.

:)
kim

Rose Garden Romantic said...

Hello! Just wanted to say I adore all you work that I see on flickr and your new papers you designed are beautiful!! Your blog banner is SO pretty and I agree- the world can't have to much pretty!!
Michelle

Altered Kat said...

Love the blog and the new papers...esp the last one and the red one!

Drooling,
Kat ;o)

Shabby Cottage Studio said...

Thanks you ALL! And I'm so happy I'm getting positive response to my papers. I have more coming.
;-)

Dana said...

Gail ... I love the new papers!! They are really nice and the colours are all blended and textured so nicely. They should do quite well for you I would think. Great work ... and best wishes! Thanks for stopping by my blog, too! -Dana

Stacie said...

Gail- I'm loving the new color & the new header- think it looks fantastic.

And those papers....scrumptious!

Stacie

Linda and Laura Lilly Cottage said...

Hi, just a note to say that we love this new colour scheme, besides being our favourite colours it is so much easier to read than the Black, sometimes it just got a bit to hard to read so we gave up!! Now we can read each and every word!! Yaahooo!! Well done.

Robin said...

I happened to come across your papers while cruising Etsy and I drooled. I'm a paper junkie and you're not helping!

You're on my wish list, sister.