Saturday, April 14, 2007

First Creations as ZNE Design Team Member

As a new ZNE Design Team member, one of my jobs is to create two new pieces of art a month for the ZNE Design Team Gallery. We have to choose a ZNE collage sheet and then use any image(s) we choose from that sheet, to create those two art works. Oh my, how tough is this? ;-)

The pieces are finished and posted into the gallery and thought I would post pictures here also. Please take a moment to vist the gallery so you can be delighted and inspired by all the beautiful work the team members are producing. There are fourteen of us so you're going to see some fun and fantastic art!!http://www.zneart.com/galleries/

My "warm up" choice for April was the Vintage Text #1 sheet and I chose the text, Positions of the hands", as my inspiration. I created what I like to think of as a vertical triptych kind of collage on 4" square pieces of wood. I have used some of my new digitally designed papers for the background with a light umber wash over each to help tie the colors together.







My second piece I chose two text images from the sheet, "dark lady" and "The fortune teller", and married them together in a digital collage. I then added that to the outside of a small (approx 2.4"x4") vintage perfume bottle. I did some embossing on the sides of the glass and added ribbon around the cap and a paper flower. I thought I wanted to add more embellishment in the way of beads and crystal but the more I tried that, the more I realized it took away from the simplicity of the little bottle and everything wanted to cover the picture. So I stopped. (Isn't that always the hardest thing to do?!)

5 comments:

Mel said...

Awesome work! I love the bottle! Mel

Dana said...

Wow Gail! Congraulations on being chosen for the ZNE Design Team ... and what fabulous work!!! I also really like the new look of your blog. Have a great day ... Dana

cmmama10-Krissy said...

Oh I love all of your ZNE DT creations!! Isn't the DT so much fun?! So glad it made it so I could get to know you better!!
♥Krissy

Kristin Hubick said...

Gorgeous Gail!!!! Hey, who sings that version of Somewhere over the Rainbow on your you tube video????? LOVE the videos!!!!

easyjourney said...

I am so glad to have met you and have enjoyed looking at all your pretty art, we have the same tastes! hugs and kisses from Astrid