Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Just for Me :-)

I love when I visit a blog and someone shares a new find. And finally I have a new find I want to share, because, well, because they're just so darn cute!

The six little kids tugged at my heart the moment I saw them and I thought I'd find a way to use them in my altered art. But they ended up on the shelf above my work table and I decided that's where they're going to stay. I haven't a clue as to how old they are but I'm guessing maybe the 1950's? If anyone has ever seen them before I'd love to hear.





And the little lamb? Well, I'm a sucker for bunnies and lambs, so he's now on the shelf with the kids, keeping an eye on them. And me too of course. ;-)

10 comments:

Sam I Am said...

aww..how fun!! those kids are sweet!!! :)
And that lamb is precious!! what is it made of?? i love the 'fur'!
hugs..sandy

Michelle said...

Sooooooo cute!!!!!

Garden Painter Art said...

Those little figurines are cute. I tried to do a search for them on eBay, but I didn't come up with any answers.

Kim
Garden Painter Art
gnarly-dolls

easyjourney said...

Oooh Gail, just love all those! Sweet! Astrid

Gypsy Purple said...

They are so adorable!!!!

Dana said...

Oh wow Gail ... what GREAT finds! Those are too too cute!!! I haven't seen anything like them before myself ... but they do have that look of the 50's era, don't they? TOO FUN! Hope you have a fabulous Monday! xo -Dana

Loudlife said...

Gail - your blog is looking just fabulous! Things are so slow over at the Design Team board that I decided to go visit everybody! I'm still loving those collage sheets you make. Is that using photoshop brushes? I have to learn how to do that. In the meantime I will try to stop by your etsy store and pick some up.

Have a great day!
Laurie

Shabby Cottage Studio said...

Sandy, the little lambiepie is made of resin. He's cute but just a tad difficult to cuddle.
;-)

Hey Kim, that was sweet! Thanks for taking the time to look!

Laurie, yes I do those in PS w/brushes and layers. I'm going to be adding some more to Etsy too.

I've been out of town and just got back so I'm trying to catch up on things and will post to the blog a little later. :-)

Thanks everyone for visiting!

Chelise said...

Congratulations Gail!

You are The Spirit of ZNE today!

http://www.ZNESpirit.com

xo - Chel

M.Anderson said...

Hi Gail! You have been tagged. Go to my blog to read about it. It may get you back into the swing of blogging. Good way to increase web visibility too!