Saturday, April 7, 2007

Passion

This week's word is Passion. Oooo, we could wander all over the map with this word but I"m going with the obvious for me. I have a deep abiding, lustful, passion for my art.

For me creating art is akin to breathing. If I could not create art I would be unable to breath, I would have strong feelings of suffocation, and feel totally incomplete. I know because I've been there.

And just like passion, my art can bring me the highest highs and the lowest lows but I can not turn away from it, my passion has become an obsession. If I'm not making art I'm thinking about it, reading about it, trying to promote it, worrying about it, (you know artist's self doubt, is it good enough, do people REALLY like it or are they just saying that to be polite).

Life is rich and full when you have a passion. I'm so happy mine in my art.

3 comments:

Garden Painter Art said...

The passion for art is a deep one. Only another artist can truly understand it, I think.

Kim
Garden Painter Art
gnarly-dolls

Deborah said...

I agree 100% with both of you!!!! I simply can't imagine life without art in it...kill me now...

Shabby Cottage Studio said...

Deb you made me laugh!