Friday, August 31, 2007

Freebie Friday and New Studio Creation

I actually got to get into my studio this week and get my hands on some art! Such a relief it was to let my mind slip away from everything else and just concentrate on what was unfolding beneath my hands.

Recently, and I can not remember where, I heard the word 'nestling." That word kept replaying in my head at odd moments throughout the week so I knew I had to go somewhere with it. So, when I got into the studio, that word was my inspiration.

I usually have no idea where I'm going when I start something and only have a word or an image, or a color combination I want to work with. Most times I'm working blindly and trusting my intuition/creative muse to take me where I need to go. I used elements from my new Paper and Lace Packs and this time it took me to where I couldn't be more happy than the way it turned out.

I listed "Nestling" over at Etsy today.

It was hard to let her go.




Here's your free image for the week.
Create art and Enjoy!

6 comments:

CEDAR JUNCTION said...

Your nestling rocks, Gail! You just continue to top yourself.

Shabby Cottage Studio said...

Thanks Teresa, you make me blush. :-)

Eva scrap said...

You have a lovely blog and do beautiful things! I saw your wonderful nestling on Flickr.
Eva

Shabby Cottage Studio said...

Thank you Eva! And thank you for taking the time to visit!

Sarah said...

wow I have loved looking through your blog....its so inspiring

Shabby Cottage Studio said...

Oh thank you Sarah, and thanks so much for visiting!