Monday, August 27, 2007

Pretty Paper and Lace

I just got the most amazing antique ledger book. It must have 700 pages in it! The dates run from 1847 to 1860. I think it is a family ledger as opposed to a business ledger. When I first opened the book my thoughts ran along these lines...wow, I am placing my hands on a book that about 150 years ago was brand new. As my hands lovingly traced over the pages I thought of that faceless person sitting at a desk somewhere in Boston dipping their pen in an inkwell and creating the beautiful script at the top of the page.


And now I'm able to pass on some of this history to my fellow artists who I know will make beautiful creations with these pages that I'm now including in a new packet on Etsy. I call it Paper and Lace and it is filled with vintage papers and lace. Check it out in my Etsy shop along with some new Halloween collage sheets I've added.



3 comments:

CEDAR JUNCTION said...

Oh, how fun!! I have been reading some diaries that span a good portion of a woman's life who was living in Iowa. (I even have a picture of her and her brother) I think I have about 20 years to go.

Sam I Am said...

wow.. a great find.. how can you stand to part with it???
i wonder if the person who wrote in it 150 yrs ago ever thought it would still be around today..

amazing..
:)

sherri (Tied Up In Ribbons) said...

fabulous ledger...what a find. thanks for sharing.