Friday, September 21, 2007

TGIF!

Another week has gone by and here in the mountains we're moving closer day by day to the colors and feel of autumn. Slowly some of the trees are beginning to turn. The weather this week has been incredibly perfect and I hope it continues into the weekend so I can get some garden maintenance done.

In between working on the new web site, shipping orders and trying to create in my studio this week I've also been staining unfinished dining room chairs for my sister's new house, and painting the front door of my shabby cottage. Finally. I've only been wanting to do this since the day we moved in...which will be 6 years ago October 2. But I had to wait on my dear hubby to take the door down and sand off all the years of old thickly crackled varnish and stain. So now it's undergoing a transformation and I'm painting it red and then will do an antique glaze over that before it gets it's new coat of varnish.

Maybe one of these days my shabby cottage won't be so shabby anymore. :-)

I thought this young lady looked like she might be going to a party. Maybe a Halloween party? I put her on a background of some of my digitally designed paper, added a couple digital brushes to dress up the corners and voila, she's yours! Have fun!

2 comments:

Patricia Hine-Stewart said...

Thank-you so much for posting the free vintage photos each week. They are all lovely and I use them throughout my artwork. I look forward to reading your blog each day.
Patricia

Shabby Cottage Studio said...

You're very welcome Patricia, it's my pleasure to share. Thank you for taking the time to visit and leave kind words. It makes my day.