Wednesday, November 28, 2007

It's Beginning to look like Christmas

Actually if we had some snow then my blog title would be more appropriate. I think it was in the 50's today here in the mountains! But I'm doing my best to awaken those Christmas feelings. :-) I added a holiday header to the blog as a starter.

Then one thing that helped is my soul sister, and painter extraordinaire, Liz Miller of Artful Endeavors in Raleigh, NC, sent me a photo of a recent painting she had entered in the state fair this year. She won Best of Show! Of course for me she's always been Best of Show and I'm proud to say that many, many years ago, I was one of her students. And speaking of students, not only did Liz win a ribbon but several of her students won ribbons also! Quite an accomplishment I'd say! Congratulations to you all!




And then I have admit to having way to much fun creating this new collage sheet. I call it Shabby Christmas. Cut them out and use as tags, or add them to your holiday artwork. I'm working on some more similar to this one and you can find it now (and at least one more, if not several, to come as soon as possible) in my store under Holiday Collage Sheets, along with a lot of other Christmas-y collage sheets and tag sheets.

This is what I call Shabbylicious!!

2 comments:

Sherry said...

Gail, love the holiday banner...it's gorgeous!!

And your new collage sheet is very shabbylicious!!!

Shabby Cottage Studio said...

Thanks Sherry!