Thursday, November 22, 2007

My First Swap! Ever.

Yes, yes, it's true. I've never done a swap before. So, what rock have I been living under, you ask? I haven't a clue. I guess I always felt so busy and was concerned I'd never get something done within a proscribed time limit. But I finally took the plunge and I have to admit, it was quite painless. In fact it was kind of fun. In fact it was enough fun that I've decided I have to try this swap thing again.

This swap was for an ebay group of altered book addicts ;-) I belong too. What is interesting about this swap is we actually have guidelines to do an altered page, front and back, with correct placement of holes, of either a 5x7 or 6x6 size. Then once you collect enough of these pages, you put together your own altered book! And because you have to follow the guidelines for the exact placement of the holes you know it will all come together in book form, waiting for you to bind it in whatever fashion you choose. Quite cool eh?

So I did my page as a pocket and here it is!
My first swap! Ever. :-)



Front (see the holes to the left?)



Back


Large surprise tag in the pocket.


I hope everyone had a marvelous Thanksgiving!

4 comments:

Altered Kat said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours Gail!

Stephanie said...

I love this page, and I am the happy recipient! happy, Stephanie

Mercedes said...

Oh, MY!! it´s so nice!! I can´t believe you have never do a swap with your experience. Sure you enjoyed a lot doing this nice page.

Shabby Cottage Studio said...

Muchas Gracias Mercedes, you're very sweet!