Thursday, May 31, 2007
So anyway I just wanted to say WHOO HOO, thank you Tiger Direct. DH will install my fan tonight and I'll be back in business. I've been working in the studio creating since I don't have the computer for a distraction (wow, what a concept!) and I have some pictures of some fun things I've created for Etsy.
In the meantime here's a small collage of flowers in my yard that I put together a couple years ago. Enjoy!
Monday, May 28, 2007
When I awoke this morning my sweetie told me my fan had burned out. (I personally still think HAL had something to do with it because I work him so hard). And of course the closest town being an hour away and not real large, we could find no fan to fit my computer. NO FAN!!! No fan = no computer!
There is one place I'm going to try tomorrow, a computer repair shop that of course, being a holiday, was closed today. But if he doesn't have one I'll have to order online and I'm probably looking at a week before I'm back up and running.
I'm already suffering withdrawal symptoms. So, how are you able to post this on your blog you ask? Well, we have his and her computers and I'm borrowing sweetie's...until he kicks me off. :-) But all my images are on my computer, and of course, Murphy's Law being what it is, I came home from fan shopping to find I have a sweet customer on Etsy who placed an order and I can't get to the images to print to ship to her. ACK!!
I can get to our personal photos on sweetie's computer so I'm doing the only thing I can do without access to my computer and my images...I'm posting pictures of my Graciekitty.
These were taken last year when I was redoing the computer room. I happened to walk into the room and there she was sitting on top of my ladder studying that ceiling fan pull.
I hope everyone had a great Memorial Day weekend!!
Wednesday, May 23, 2007
1. I intensely dislike mayo, put mustard on my sandwich and spread it from edge to edge! Put mayo on anything I order in public and I will gladly send it back.
2. This Oct I will have been in my current home for six years. It will be the longest I've lived in any dwelling in my entire life.
3. I've lost 25 pounds since January and haven't felt deprived. And I'm proud of it!
4. I've been an ex-smoker for fifteen years now and I'm proud of that also!
5. I met my husband in a dance club. He had a blonde sitting in his lap but it was the brunette who captured his heart. ;-)
6. I used to have a malted milk ball addiction and to this day I don't dare pick up a bag because I can't stop at just one.
7. I have a fear about anything happening to my hands or my eyes that would stop me from being able to create.
O.K. that's it, for better or for worse. :-)
Tuesday, May 22, 2007
I did get a couple new designs done so that's something! I'll be listing them on Etsy. Last week it seemed every time I listed a collage pack it was gone but I listed a blue and a pink last night and tonight I have a neutral to list so maybe there will actually be some in my shop.
Romantic Keepsake Box (& a little surprise inside for the purchaser)
Paris Mini Notecards (blank inside)
Monday, May 14, 2007
And here are mine
Thursday, May 10, 2007
I have started adding co-ordinated Collage Packs to my Etsy shop. I have more to list but everytime I've put one up it has sold quick. Believe me, that's not a complaint! :-) I'm just saying if you travel on over to my Etsy shop and don't see any it's because it sold. With Etsy I've found it's better to not list everything at once or your listing gets buried very very fast. I've been told to list a few at at a time. So, it may take me a bit to get the Collage Pack inventory built up. Here are pictures of some that have sold and some that are still to be listed. And don't worry I'm making more! ;-)
New Altered Book Listing
I have a new altered board book on Ebay. Another book dedicated to sisters. I just can't help myself. I so enjoy being a sister. These pictures are the front and back cover. Every page is done using my new digitally designed papers of which you can find in my Etsy shop. (I still have more to list). And you can check out the listing on Ebay to see the inside pages :-)
Tuesday, May 8, 2007
My friend Liz is moving to a new studio (she teaches decorative painting) and wanted something special done to a wall in the new studio so I stayed an extra couple days and she helped me do a sandstone faux finish. I love this finish, it's very versatile depending on what color glaze you apply on top. Here's a couple pictures of the finished wall. The color is actually a bit more yellow than these are showing.
See all that wonderful light and space! I told Liz I was envious! ;-) By the way she inheirited those two behemoth desks from the former tenant and it took 3 of us and some of those sliding pads to budge them even a couple feet. My word, I've never met such heavy desks!
Monday, May 7, 2007
And of course as in all things, this shop will grow and evolve beyond what it is at this moment of it's birth. But I will stay true to my love of vintage and collage. Below are just a few teaser designs you will find at Shabby Cottage. Right now I think I stand at about a dozen different designs on all kind of product, from tote bags, to journals, to mousepads, and yes, the inevitable t-shirts and hoodies.
So please Come visit my store on CafePress! and think about me at gift giving time. (Raising eyebrows Groucho Marx style) ;-)
Sunday, May 6, 2007
I began thinking about things that brought me comfort. They really aren't big things, or expensive things, and many times they're not even things. So, since I was just tagged I thought I'd approach the word comfort by listing some of those things that give me comfort or I take comfort from. :-)
* Coming home from an out of town trip and climbing in my own bed at the end of the day.
* Coming home from out of town and having my husband hug me and say "I missed you."
* Walking around my house after I've just given it the Olympic cleaning it so needed and everything is so neat and clean. (mind you, I'm not saying it lasts!)
* A good medium rare steak/roast and baked potato with sour cream
* Just about anything chocolate
* Climbing into bed at night when the sheets are fresh from the laundry, a nice rain is falling on our tin roof and I have a good book in my hand
* A book so good I feel like I'm living inside it and not just reading it
* A cup of hot chocolate and buttered toast when it's cold outside
* Tomato soup and crumbled crackers
* My cat laying on my shoulder purring in my ear, my dogs hugs and kisses
* My yard after it's just been mowed
* An unexpected long distance phone call from a good friend
There's more, but I've bored you long enough. Sometimes life is just good isn't it?!
Saturday, May 5, 2007
I like the idea. it sounds fun and as MaryAnn of Backwoods Creations so aptly put it "it promotes a connection and community". And we ALL need that...don't we?!
So, here I go with my 7 random facts (hmmm, thinking as I'm writing):
Today's my birthday. I turned 55. I'm not sure how I got here. Yesterday I was a mere 30!
I hate to drive... but of course I can't afford a chauffeur
I'm a sentimental fool who weeps at the drop of a hat
I love mornings but I'm not a morning person
I don't do well in the midst of chaos
I would secretly love to be one of those people on What Not To Wear who gets a total makeover
I've never gone a week without a book to read since I was in the fifth grade
Well, that didn't take to long. Hope I wasn't to boring. And now it's my turn to tag 7 people. :-)
Loudlife - Laurie Blau Marshall
Keep Your Panties On
Kris Hubick ~ Retro Cafe
Kristin Chadwick Creations
Images by Kim ~ Mixed Media Collage Artist
Hopefully they'll all take it in good fun. ;-) And I'll be back with another posting and some pictures. I've been trying to get caught up after an out of town trip.