Thursday, January 31, 2008

Sayonara January! Hello February!

As I mentioned in a previous post, this month has sped by like a bullet train and so we say goodbye to January until next year....when I'll probably be saying the same thing! ;-)

Hubby and I have slowly (and I DO mean slowly) been painting our bedroom. And I am SO IN LOVE with the color I chose. It's a pale aqua and I can't wait until the room is totally done. The room will be wrapped in this color, even the ceiling and the closet doors. I promise to post pictures when that event arrives but don't look for them anytime real soon. Again, s..l..o..w..l..y, is our operative word on projects around the shabby cottage! LOL

I'm so excited about this room. We're putting up new white molding on the ceiling and the baseboard. I have a lovely brown rug in my computer room that is getting moved into the bedroom because the animals are to hard on it and I will replace it with something more animal friendly.

I have an antique shabby dresser painted white and distressed naturally. :-) When the weather gets warmer I will paint my sweetie's dresser white and the side tables white. All the trim in the room will be white. And NEW windows in a couple months! We had a man give us a quote the other day and another one coming tomorrow and then we'll make a decision. Oh. My. Goodness. I just can't believe it and probably won't until it's all done and I can actually see it all together. I've been such a good girl, waiting for sooooooo long.

Then I have to decide about new bed coverings and window coverings. I do have my eye on a quilt and shams that are brown with soft pink roses all over them. Sweetie said he could live with it. LOL

Okay, enough about me. :-) I added a new Clear Art stamp design and 2 new Fabric collage sheets to the store today. Plus some new decorative papers. So let me show you some pictures.

This stamp set is called Frame It


Halloween Fabric Collage Sheet
This is for the die hard fans! ;-)

Spring Fabric Collage Sheet


I've been adding Easter Collage Sheets
to the store


A few of the new Decorative Papers

Tangerine Dream

Nuawlins Garden

Black and Pink Floral Grunge

Edgy Ornamental

That's it for this post. See you next month. ;-)

xoxo

2 comments:

The Feathered Nest said...

I'm such a doofus! I was thinking, oh no, where's she going to be gone for a month!! It finally dawned on me that tomorrow is Feb.! I love my bird stamps, Gail, and when I get some more moola, I want more of your goodies! xxoo, Dawn

Shabby Cottage Studio said...

LOL How funny Dawn! You're not alone those...I call us the Doofus family. We have doofusdad, doofusmom, doofuspup and doofuskitty. ;-) I'm so glad you love the stamps!

hugs
g