Friday, February 1, 2008

Alice in Wonderland

I remember many years ago when we first started hearing the word "internet". We were curious. What was it? Why was it? And what exactly could we use it for?

I always would liken my first eager explorations to being Alice exploring that rabbit hole. You never quite knew when you followed a link, where you might end up and who or what you might find. Then there was always another link to lead you in a different direction. And while I never ran into a queen wanting to chop off my head I did land in some wonderous worlds.

And these days I have that same feeling about the land of Blogs. I have a very long list of favorite blogs bookmarked. And though I can't get around to all of them as often as I would prefer, when I get a chance to blog hop I find some of the most magical worlds.

This morning I was following the rabbit and ended up at the beautiful The Feathered Nest where resides a most talented artist by the name of Dawn Edmonson. I have met Dawn through my store and as a member of ZNE and I absolutely love her work. You can also find her and her lovely talents through her Etsy store sewmanyroses

Now, while I was at Dawn's blog, she posted about a book give away. Being the bookaphile I am, I immediately checked it out. Author Catherine Matthews-Scanlon is having a give-a-way of two copies of her new book. And while I haven't seen the inside of this bok, I can tell by the cover that this is a book that I will purchase if I can't win it! :-)

Hop on over to Catherines blog if you are interested in a chance to win!




So that was Alice's adventure this morning. I can't wait for my next magical trip!

Here is today's TGIF free image. I know there are a lot of Valentine projects in the air!



xoxo

8 comments:

The Feathered Nest said...

Gail! Thank you so so much! What a sweetheart you are. I really appreciate all of your kind words....I love your work so very much and SO love your store, to me, that's what heaven will be like!!! xxoo, Dawn

Sherry said...

You do get around "Alice"!! Dawn's blog is lovely isn't it!!??
And I've also mentioned Catherine's giveaway -- who wouldn't want to win a copy of this book?!?

I'm doing a giveaway (or two!) at Esprit * d'Art -- I hope you'll come over and enter!!

Catherine said...

Thank you so much for visiting and posting about Art from the Heart on your blog! Have a lovely weekend!

girl_gone_thread_wild said...

Hi Gail, welcome to the group! Love that YOU are going PINk with us. Especially great was how you put it, "I want to do this in honor of all our sisters." I couldn't have said it better myself. Looking forward to joining your square(s). xo, Monica

Kathi said...

Hey Gail...I actually HAVE that book...it is one of the best I've seen, Love everything in it...so yes, if you don't win, run to buy it...I got mine at Barnes and Noble :)
Kathi

Michelle said...

Hello Gail,
I've been in your Boutique and didn't find a place that I could ask you this question.
Is It Possible to buy 514 feathered friends in the digital section of the site because it is sold out in the collage section?
i'll be looking forward to hearing from you.I'll be ordering some stamps next month.
Thank you !!

Shabby Cottage Studio said...

Hi Michelle, You can contact me through the store by clicking on Contact in the column on the left hand side of the screen. ;-) Those sheets are not made by me so they are not available digitally, but never fear, I just put more in inventory this morning! ;-) Thanks so much for stopping by, I appreciate it and I do hope you will visit again!

Cheers,
Gail

CEDAR JUNCTION said...

I have been known to *Alice around* the internet myself. Before I know it, my morning is gone, but I sure have had a nice time!

Teresa