Saturday, February 2, 2008

Become a " Pink Artist"

I hope you notice the new badge in the righthand sidebar. The Pink Artist" is a community of artists who will be creating a joint art doll that will then be auctioned off to benefit the Susan G. Komen for the Cure.

Before it heads to ebay for auctioning it will have a rest stop at Art Doll Quarterly. All particpants, artists from all walks, are to create a 2" x 2" square with a fabric base which will then be sewn to the doll.

Some contributors have asked if they can do more than one square and so it is the hope of Monica Magness, who is the artist spearheading this worthy cause, that enough squares will be left over to create a quilt to accompany the doll.

So come my sisters, click on the badge and learn more about this wonderfully creative idea that not only stirs the creative muse, but helps a charity that is for every single one of us. There is a time limit so go throw your hats in the ring!

xoxo

6 comments:

Susan Tuttle said...

Wonderful blog that you have here - I am so happy to have stumbled upon it!

Stop by sometime if you get a chance.

Susan

Gypsy Mermaid said...

Hey!! I was going to let you know I am hosting a swap! It is called "Hanging up Springtime" come check it!!

Toodles-
Sarah
http://gypsymermaidlife.blogspot.com

Sherry said...

I'm so glad you are doing this too Gail!!! Makes my heart happy! And do visit Susan's blog (Ilka's Attic) - she's a wonderful artist and a delightful blogging friend!!!

Shabby Cottage Boutique said...

HI Gail Love all the new goodies and yummy papers in your shop!! I have a wedding commission if you can believe it for an altered wedding cake card box.almost like a scrapbook with keepsakes on outside.The main colors are chocolate and olive green.!Help! I love your blue and brown papers funky! LOL Denise PS The brides treasures and gowns are posted on my blog..if you come up with colors!! Wave your magic wand..love your new banner and bunny!

Shabby Cottage Boutique said...

Hi Gail Were you able to get into my blog?

laura@layersofcolor.com said...

Gail,
Thank you for sharing this creative idea for a great cause. I joined The Pink Artist because of your post!