Sunday, February 17, 2008

Surprised and a Thrill

Miss Gracie says Hello and
Happy Sunday y'all

Last night I got the surprise and thrill of a lifetime. Some of my work is going to be in the new Somerset Digital Studio magazine! Whoo Hoo! I know some of you have already experienced this high but I've never even submitted anything before, so I just want to be happy and thrilled while the joy is still new!





We're having dinner at my mom's tonight and she said that to make sure my head didn't get too big I could sit at the kids table. LOL We don't even have any "kids" in the family around here...they're all out of state having their own kids ;-) ...so much for impressing moms! LOL (actually she is very proud of me.

I submitted the pieces this past fall and never heard anything so wiped the entire thing from my mind. Until last night when I got an email from a friend telling me she saw that I was gong to be in the magazine! Truly, I thought it was a just mix up. But it's true...a spotlight artist in the new maggie. So how does one enjoy this and share with everyone without sounding like you're tooting your own horn? I like to think I'm a pretty humble woman and yet I have to admit to feeling very good about this. I'll have to think on this one.


And here is a picture of some new tags going up on Etsy shortly. 3 tags done as a little nod to Marie Antoinette.
I'm sure she didn't worry about such things.

xoxo

18 comments:

Gabrielle Madsen said...

Congratulations Gail!!!

It is wonderful that you are pleased as punch, as you should be!

Donna said...

Congratulations! And your first submission too!

The Feathered Nest said...

Yaaaaaaaay Gail!!!!! I'm so very happy for you!! How cool is that?? And you had already stopped thinking about it too! I'm so happy for you Gail. You deserve this, your work is gorgeous! xxoo, Dawn

The Tattered Rose said...

I just popped in for a visit and I am happy to be sharing your good news. Congratulations! I hope your get your copy soon. There is nothing like seeing your work in print. Cheers, Trish G.

brenda bliss said...

TOOT THAT HORN, girl!!!!!!!!!!! How exciting--but we know how talented you are--keep creating!
Bliss Happens,
brenda bliss

Kathi said...

woohoo! that's awesome Gail, and well deserved...your work is beautiful! Enjoy the high!
Kathi

Sherry said...

Gail I'm so pleased for you!! I've never had anything published so I'm living vicariously through you and sending you big congratulations!!!

Julie Bergmann said...

Gail!

You ROCK girl! I'm so excited for you!

Julie

Shabby Cottage Studio said...

Thanks SO much everyone! Your comments mean a lot to me! And Pink dear, if you hadn't emailed me I still wouldn't know, so a SPECIAL Thanks to you sweetums!

hugs
G

Amy-Razz Pizazz Boutique said...

Oh my Gosh! I couldn't imagine this blessing going to anyone more deserving than you my dear! You have helped so many others "get creative" with your talent and now it's time for you to SHINE!!!I am sooo very happy and thankful for your wonderful news! Hey, it's only the beginning!
love and blessings,
Amy :)

zJayne said...

Exciting, Exciting, Exciting... and I think you must toot your horn..how will we know...how can we aspire to these things if we don't share our good news.

I came across your blog again through the etsy shop bloggers and just stopped by to see this...awesome.

Love your mom putting you at the kids table too! ha!

Have you accepted your nominations on eBay yet?! If not, get over there...ACA awards.

Enough from me,
best always, zJayne

Ivan Chan Studio said...

Congratulations, Gail!

And of course your work would be in it, it's fan-ta-bu-lous!!

Yay!!

I.

Lola Enchanted said...

A big WOO HOO to you!!!!

Congrats!!!!!~

Heather said...

congratulations, that is awesome news :)
Ps: just found your blog, love your work!~

Julie Bergmann said...

Hey Gail,

Just checking to see how the "STAR" is doing......;)

XOXOXO

Julie

Julie Bergmann said...

Woooh Girl!!!!

Congratulations on your nomination for the ACA's! That's FANTABULOUS!

Boy your having a good month!

I don't think you need to do anything to accept....but I wonder if I can go vote for you since I haven't been selling on ebay at all lately.

email me a link if you can. I'll see if it allows me to vote, cuz...you deserve it girl! I KNOW how hard you've worked!!!

XO

Julie

CEDAR JUNCTION said...

I am s o oo o oo excited for you!

I'm too chicken to even submit anything!

Teresa

TiffanyJane said...

Yea Gail!!!!! Congratulations!!...I'm so excited for you! I'll keep an eye out for it :)
xo Tiff