Friday, March 14, 2008

A cool way to Market Your Artwork

If you are an artist you know as well as I do that most of us who are artists, are on a budget. And we're on a budget because we're artists and you know the whole spiel about "starving artists". Over the years, and as a painter and as a mixed media artist, I have been involved in countless discussions on marketing one's artwork in an affordable manner.

This past fall I met two sweet,wonderful ladies, Erin and Mary, who have what I think is a wonderful product and a great and fashionable way for artists who are in the market to sell their artwork, to market their work at an absolutely reasonable cost.

The very best way for any artist to sell their work is to be able to talk about it. No one knows your work better than you. But a lot of us don't want to impose our work on others, we want the interest to be real. And a lot of us who are artists are sometimes introverted so trying to sell one's work is a very difficult thing. But, if someone asks you about your art, aren't you able to wax enthusiastically and intelligently about it? You should.

Mary and Erin own a small indie company called Pursue Your Art and their product are all U.S. made... I believe Erin told me in Milwaukee (sorry Erin if I got this wrong). The company is called Pursue Your Art and they make and sell purses that are walking advertisements for our art! The purses sell for about $30.00 so it is a reasonable cost and they have a couple different styles available.

The explanations and pictures are all on their website and they can explain it better than me but the gist is this...their purses have clear pockets on the outside that are just right for copies of your artwork. One purse has pockets that are ATC size and the other one has larger pockets.

Mary purchased a digital art print from me for a Christmas present she was working on for Erin and I have included pictures of the front and the back of this unique and beautiful one of a kind purse Erin now has. You can add any kind of papers for the background of your art and even change them out on a frequent basis.

Okay artists, think about this for minute...if you carry this purse wherever you go, your artwork is always on display and I guarantee you, people are going to ask you about your purse. What better way to tell them it's your artwork and hand them a business card! Even an introvert like myself can do THAT!

Erin and Mary are even having a contest over on their blog so you should hop on over and vote so you might have have a chance to win one of these really cool purses! It ends tonight so you'll have to hurry. Sorry for the short notice. I just heard about this last night.

Ok, have I waxed enthusiastically enough? I promise Mary and Erin are not paying me, nor did they even ask me to blog about their purses, LOL, I just think their idea is a cool and wonderful one and wanted to share it! Go visit their store and their blog, look at their pictures and think about all the places you go where you carry your purse ladies! And definitely think marketing opportunity!




This is the style with ATC sized pockets



And don't forget to leave a comment on my Give Away post for a chance to receive a free copy of Somerset Digital Studio. As for me, I'm headed to Pursue Your Art's blog to vote and maybe I can win a purse!

TGIF
Okay, now here's the TGIF free image for you and I hope this post finds everyone happy and healthy and looking forward to a grand weekend!


xoxo

5 comments:

Sherry ~ Cherie ~ ms. herbes de provence said...

What a fabulous idea this is Gail!! I'm off to check them out too!

Susan Tuttle said...

Great post! Thanks for the information.

Susan

PURSuE Your Art! said...

Gail,
Thank you soooo much for the lovely article about our changeable art purses!...Very much appreciated:)
We love your art, shopping at your shabby cottage studio, and your blog!
Many blessings to you,
Erin & Mary

PURSuE Your Art! said...

Gail,
Thank you soooo very much for taking the time to write this wonderful article about our changeable art purses!... much appreciated:)
We love your art, shopping at shabby cottage studio and reading your blog.
Many blessings to you,
Erin & Mary

Miss Sandy said...

This is such a great idea! I'll have to tell my artsy friends! I am thinking it would also make a great brag purse too for proud grandmothers like me!