Friday, April 4, 2008

TGIF

I woke up this morning and now it is almost 9PM. That is how fast my day went. Gone in the the space of a sentence. Today was dreary, overcast but warmish enough for a tee and a long sleeve denim shirt (my standard issue these days.

My mom and I poured over some garden books, planning a small flower bed we share visually. Of course it seems all the flowers we like need full sun and this is a light shady spot, so we've really had to search out the flowers but we did manage to find some. At least in the books. Finding them locally may be a whole other story.

I'm on the lookout for pink or white Lilacs for another spot but it seems locally all I can ever find are the purple ones. Now I have nothing against purple. In fact it used to be one of my favorite colors and in one house we lived in I even painted my kitchen Eggplant. :-)that's how much I loved purple. But in this particular flower bed I'm thinking about, there is already a very large white PeeGee Hydrangea bush so I really want to keep it pinks and whites and maybe a splash of yellow. I'm thinking about ordering from a nursery so I can get what I want and not have to settle.

For our TGIF image I have an old postcard I scanned. I THINK they are purple Lilacs. See, even in my pictures I can't get away from the purple. ;-)

I hope all of you have a SUPER weekend! Here in the mountians of TN it's supposed to rain all day tomorrow and then be nice Sunday. Fingers crossed.
xoxo

2 comments:

The Bag Lady's Art said...

Gail, Your new banner is lovely! I am linking you on my blog in regards to my new banner. Your work is awesome! Congrats on the Somerset Publication!!! I need to go and get that one to check it out.
hugs,
Pam

The Bag Lady's Art said...

You've won an award:-) Go and check out my blog to see what it is...
xoxo
Pam