Sunday, April 6, 2008

Love Squared

A while back I posted about joining The Pink Artist and donating a fabric square for a doll Monica Magness was putting together to be displayed in Art Doll Quarterly and then to be auctioned off to raise money for the Susan G. Komen Foundation.

Well she is done! I have posted a few pictures here that we were given permission to do, but please visit Monica's blog to see more pictures and to read about the details of this magnificent almost 40" tall, 6 pound doll aptly named "Love Squared". You will be blown away. Monica is an unbelievable talented artist and I am honored and blessed to have been a tiny little square of this magnificent art treasure. Thank you Monica for the opportunity.

I dedicate this to my best friend Liz, who is a cancer survivor, and two blog friends, Sherry, who is also a cancer survivor, and Deena, who WILL BE a cancer survivor. Love you guys!

xoxo







9 comments:

Lola Enchanted said...

Such a beautiful doll~ And all who helped make her!!!!~

Susan said...

She is beautiful! What a wonderful group of artists to collaborate on this. Thanks for sharing.
Susan

Couture de Papier said...

wow! Hi Gail I posted you on my new blog!!

Charmingdesigns said...

That is just divine. Your blog is full of good things. Laurie

Sherry/Cherie said...

(((Gail))))

Didn't we make a beautiful skirt for this beautiful doll??

And I thank you, from the bottom of my heart, for dedicating her to me -- I know I am in good company with Deena and your best friend Liz.

The message remains -- kick cancer's butt!!!!

The Farrier's Daughter said...

This is my first time visiting, and will definitely not be my last. Your work is so wonderfully unique...and that doll! Gorgeous!
~Lindsey

The Farrier's Daughter said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
TiffanyJane said...

Beautiful Dol!!!! :) Wonderful cause!
xo Tiff

catharinas-love said...

This is a beautiful idee !!

Rini = the Netherlands