Monday, May 12, 2008

Blog Banners, Etsy Banners & more

I can't begin to tell you how much I love making banners for people. I view it as such an opportunity to create little pieces of art and make people happy. I remember the first time I had someone make me a graphic for my ebay auctions. I was so impressed and she made it even better than what I had pictured that I cried the fist time I saw it. Do you think that's silly? To shed a tear over a graphic? I didn't think so. I so wanted it to portray what I was trying to get across to people as to who I was and what I was selling. And it did. And it touched my heart.

I don't have a background in graphic design. My background is in art and I approach each banner or business card or whatever I am hired to create with an artists' eye to color and compostion and I employ design guidelines I've learned as an artist. It truly is a delight of my heart and I so enjoy meeting all of you and working with you until we have something you love.
So I thought I'd share with you some of what I've been doing lately.

Blog Banner


Blog Banner


Blog Banner


Blog Banner


Etsy Banner


Etsy Banner


Blog Banner


Blog Banner


Blog Banner



Blog Banner


Business Card


Blog Banner


Etsy Banner



Business Card


Etsy Banner
xoxo

12 comments:

The Feathered Nest said...

Goodness gracious Gail!!! You are so incredibly talented in so many different ways!! Businesswoman, graphic designer, artist....Each of these banners is just beautiful ~ Hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day, xxoo, Dawn

The Rose Cottage said...

Hi Gail :)
Your work, if it be on paper, or graphic design is just amazing! And I don't think it silly at all to cry over a graphic, a lot of creative people are affected by the visual, and I would feel the same way too :)

My Vintage Studio said...

Hi Gail. Your artwork is beautiful for the banners and business cards.
Hope you have a great week!
Hugs, Sharon

Shabby Cottage Studio said...

Thank you so much ladies! I so appreciate the kind and wonderful words.

ricracsally said...

Holy moly! They're all just gorgeous!
Tiffani

Cyndi said...

Oh my gosh!!! You are so talented! I own a small business (wedding coordination) and would like to talk to you about designing business cards for us. Please email me if you would like to discuss. I'd love to work with you!

Shabby Cottage Studio said...

Thanks Tiffani & Cyndi! Cyndi, if you come back and seet this I'd love to talk to you but I have no way to get in touch with you.

Linda and Laura Lilly Cottage said...

Soooo talented and so lovely...I am so glad we are in line for one of your beautiful banners, kiss noises Linda Lilly Cottage. Hope your day is splendid!

Trish said...

Your designs are beautiful! I know exactly what you mean about crying when you see a beautiful new design come to life -- I cried the first time I saw the new blog banner that Michelle created for me -- I thought it was SO silly that I cried, but now I feel better after hearing you say this.
Thank you SOOOO much for the beautiful book you sent to me -- I love it!!! I will treasure it and enjoy it for years to come. You are such a sweetie!

Sherry/Cherie said...

Girl you may not have a degree in graphic art but you don't need one -- you could teach this or have a business strictly in graphics!!

You know how I feel about your banners -- divine!!!

AuntE said...

I love your work.... Would you be interested in maybe creating some for THE CHARM HOUSE? www.thecharmhouse.blogspot.com
Yvette

The Edible Rabbit said...

Your artwork is amazing! I love your style! I am a newbie at the world of blogging but am jumping in there, getting my feet and trying to put together something wonderful. Do you make banners for blogs? If so, what do you charge?

Again, BIG fan of your work!