Saturday, May 17, 2008

Call me Crazy...But...

I went and opened a second Etsy store. I've been debating with myself about it for a long time and I decided the time was now. I want to start adding more supplies to my Shabby Cottage Studio Etsy shop and I always feel like any artwork I add there gets lost in the mess of supplies. And since Etsy won't let us organize our shops I decided to just open one for artwork alone and keep the supplies separate.


Then there was the agonizing over a name. Do you do that? I actually had quite a few I liked so it was hard to narrow it down. In the end I decided to stay true to my cottage roots and my love of paper and I named the new shop The Papier Cottage. So please, stop by and check it out. I've got some inventory in there now but I'm inspired and motivated to create more so I will be adding to the inventory over the next few weeks.


Ciao Bellas


8 comments:

Susan said...

Gail,
I don't think you're crazy - it's a very practical decision. Love the new store, as well as the old one!
Susan

Mercedes said...

Good luck this new shop . I love the banner you did. Oh, please, go to my blog . I put a pic of what I bought from you and tell about you.

Sherry/Cherie said...

Holy cow...I go away for a few weeks and come back to a new etsy shop (yipee!!) and you've added music!!! LOVING it!!

ricracsally said...

Congrats!
Um, *loving* your music here :)
And the "Lady in Blue" print--drool!!!!
Tiffani

Amy said...

Gail,
How exciting! Your new Etsy shop looks totally amazing. The banner is so beautiful, and the items are lovely as well. Best wishes in your new venture! Amy :)

Summer Gypsy said...

Hi Gail,
Very exciting....Can't wait to visit The Papier Cottage. I love the name! I am still trying to get Blackberry Winter and The Mint Julep Cottage up and running. I have some semi "down" time over the next few days...so, my plan is to just do it!!!
Now I'm off to your new shop!
Blessings,
Marilyn

Altered Kat said...

You'll love having 2 stores Gail...best decision I made! Our artwork does get lost amongst the supplies...went over, checked it out, sent you some Etsy luvin! New store looks great! Enjoy!

Kat :o)

Faith's Vintage Vanity said...

Hey Gail!

I checked out your new etsy store. I love the banner, it looks great and I love your art work as well, You know I'm a fan!

Faith