Thursday, May 15, 2008

Little Miracles are Heavenly

One of the things I love most about our move to the country is the ability to eat from our garden during growing season. To just walk outside, pick whatever is ripe in the garden and make a meal. To me it is part and parcel of life's small miracles that never fail to make me happy, and thankful, and blessed. So here are some images of our strawberry patch. They are ripening and we are picking.
In the beginning as the flower blooms fade and fruit starts to set.



To this

and this

even better

the batch we picked yesterday went from this

to this

To absolute Heaven!!! Mom's Strawberry Shortcake.
(and yes I pigged out and lived every bite in the moment)


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And to top off the week so far I actually got in the studio and CREATED! Another small miracle. Oh the world is just full of them!


Here is a bottle I found this past weekend antiquing and I couldn't resist prettying it up.


And our Fun Friday Challenge this week over at Etsy Cottage Style were the prompts frame and yellow. I turned an old frame on it's side, covered it in some of my digital paper, removed the glass, added a real nest I was lucky to find trimming some bushes recently. The eggs are not real. ;-) The quote says "Use the talents you posess for the woods would be a very silent place if no birds sang except for the best." Very appropriate quote for my muse.



Now I just have to figure out where and when I'm going to list them.

xoxo Bellas

4 comments:

The Bag Lady's Art said...

Ok, I just came by to let you know you've been tagged, so go and check my blog to see what it is:-) I didn't come here to start drooling over shortcake and eye candy!
hugs,
Pam

The Rose Cottage said...

Oh you lucky girl , I would love to have my own strawberry patch. I tried last year to grow them in a pot, but just wasn't the same.

Love, love, love your decorated bottle, especially the pearls around the neck, I have a think for pearls :) Your challenge this week is amazing too as always :)

Can't wait to find out what today's challenge is... thought I would do some blog visiting first this morning:)

Susan said...

I love strawberries! My mouth is watering. Love your decorated bottle and the frame.
Susan

Sherry/Cherie said...

I'm going ga-ga over the berries...and the shortcake!!! Yum yum yum...strawberries are obviously food for the creative muse if your work is any indication!