Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Road Trip

Our sister road trip was so much fun we're talking about planning another one... or two or three.

There was really only one thing that surprised me about this trip, and that was the number of shops that were actually closed. On a Saturday... on a holiday weekend. Next time we decided we'd go on a non-holiday weekend.

My biggest disappointment was that the one store I was really looking forward to visiting, Random Arts, in Saluda, was closed! On a Saturday... on a holiday weekend. You know, people travelling, wanting to spend money. ;-)

But believe me we found plenty of places that were open where we could spend our hard earned cash. And spend we did. I do believe that one, if not both of us, left each store with a package.

I don't want to bore you to tears so today I'll just throw up some pictures of the trip and tomorrow I'll share some of the goodies I found.


This is how the morning started. But we were not daunted and drove away from home with big smiles on our faces.
By the time we reached Saluda at least the rain had stopped.

This was our first stop. :-)
Some close ups of the flowers from the shops above.


Just a couple corners inside the shops.
Oooo, vintage linens

Leaving Saluda and ahhh, the sun has come out and the day was warm and sunny from then on.


Here's a roadside place we stopped at. This is only one shot of all the bottles and glass they had.

We hit the small town of Tryon
And stopped at Elmos Bar and Grill for one of the BEST Steak and Cheese hoagies with onion rings I've had in a while!.. We both had the same thing and enjoyed every bite.

This is my sister giving me her cheesy smile, she's driving and supposed to be watching the road. Have you noticed? She's not watching the road?

We were able to stay off the interstate for most of the trip, which suits both our natures.
Our last store, our last stop on our way home Sunday.
Getting close to home!
And there it is, our little valley. Home again, safe and sound, tired and broke. Oh but what fun!

4 comments:

The Feathered Nest said...

Oh Gail!!! What fun, girl!!! I'm so glad you did this and how wonderful to have a sister to do it with too....Hope you found tons and tons of treasures to create your art with. I find now that I look for the strangest items when treasure hunting! xxoo, Dawn

Linda and Laura Lilly Cottage said...

That looks like a fabulous way to spend your weekend, love the pictures, it looks so relaxing, I can't wait to see your treasures, kiss noises Linda Lilly Cottage

Sherry/Cherie said...

Who would have thought stores would be closed on a Saturday? Yes, it was a holiday weekend so I'd see Sunday & Monday closures, not Saturday!! What a disappointment.

Still, from these photographs it looks like you found places to empty your wallets!! And I'm still laughing at your comments about your sister not watching the road!!

Glad you both had such a good time ♥

~*~Patty said...

Loved taking your road trip with you ;), what perfectly beautiful surroundings. I Love mountains and everything that goes with them. Love La Vie En Rose too, the movie was so well done, enjoying your entire music selection!