Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Show and Tell :-)

I have a new toy and I've been having some fun with it so I thought I'd do a little show and tell.

My DH bought me a wonderful new camera for Christmas. I truly needed one to take product pictures. I had an image in my head of something I could throw in my purse without adding a lot of weight, so I could also capture pictures for other things...like blogging. Which is what I communicated in my request for this gift. So this is what I got. It's a wonderful camera and takes beautiful pictures.

Ahem...you may notice it looks like it might add some weight to my purse?
It is a very heavy camera. Thank you honey. ;-)

I've had this camera for several months now and ladies we ALL know I am NEVER going to carry that thing in my purse. And I'm certainly not going to go around with a purse AND a camera bag. My goodness, my shoulders would denounce me for-evah!

So I took matters into my own hands and bought myself a camera the other day. Isn't this a sweetie?! It weighs like 4 or 5 ounces and will even fit in my pocket. AND it does video! :-) My sister and I are taking a short weekend trip come Saturday and you can bet this baby will be in my purse for the whole trip!
See the difference. :-)
So what kind of pictures does it take you ask?
So far I think it takes GREAT pictures!

My sister and I walk 3 nights a week and here are some pics from our walk so you can judge the quality of the images. Point and shoot! What a concept.
This is a great road to walk on, so peaceful and tranquil. We walk right beside the creeek almost the entire way.





And this guy comes up to the fence to see us every time.
Along with a couple other friends


I am thrilled with my new toy. The other camera is what I use for product pictures as I mentioned, but I can already see this one will be my new best friend so be prepared, because now you never know what I may pop up on the blog to show you. LOL


Here is a set of new tags I just listed at The Papier Cottage on Etsy
I'm pleased as punch as to how they turned out.

And now I have to go find a snack and get ready for Top Chef. ;-)
ciao Bellas


7 comments:

Linda and Laura Lilly Cottage. said...

Hi Gail, I love your new toy and your pictures are divine, what a wonderful place to walk!!! No wonder your creations are so wonderful, you get a dose of tranquility, plus fresh air and exercise 3 times a week!!!!!! Your new taggies and stunning! kiss noises Linda Lilly Cottage.

Sherry/Cherie said...

...every time I come here now I feel like dancing to Eartha!!! I've got the shoulders moving as I type...

Anyway...you are so funny...I love how you "talk"!!! Love your new little toy -- it looks like MINE!!! Mine's a Canon but I think it's a little heavier than what you bought. And I'm happy with the pictures I get from mine too!!

You have such a beautiful area to walk in -- I'd be in heaven with a walk like that!!

As for your tags -- I'm drooling -- you have every right to be pleased with how they turned out!!!

Now -- have a wonderful weekend getaway with the sis!!! Wherever you are off to!

KimmyJ said...

Gail - I love the new tags. Also I am in the market for a lightweight purse camera as well. I will have to check out the one you purchased.

Patti said...

So, Gail... now I NEED to know the make & model of your new camera! I've been wanting a new little friend just like yours!!! :)

Happy Creating!!
~Patti

PHOLKART*BLESSINGS
http://www.pholkartblessings.etsy.com

Faith's Vintage Vanity said...

What a difference cameras make! I have a small Nikon that fits in my pocket and I love it. It has a micro close-up so I can take very close up pictures of all my jewelry. But your husband thought he was doing good.

Wanted to let you know about a drawing I am having on my blog, please check it out.

Faith

Patti said...

Gail, what a SWEETIE you are!!! :)

Thank you so much for taking the time to share the wealth of info about your new camera on my blog! I am SOLD!! :) I just peeked at your latest blog photos of your "tough grocery commute" (haha!), and they couldn't be better!

AND...I appreciate your adding me to your blog link list!! Already I've had a visitor stop by from your page to take a look! :)

Many Thanks!!!
Patti

PHOLKART*BLESSINGS
http://www.pholkartblessings.etsy.com

Tracie said...

Wow,
These tags are lovely. I'm going to go take a look at your shop after dinner~ leaving your site up ;)
~Tracie