Friday, June 13, 2008

Another Busy Friday ~~TGIF

Oh goodness, it's been one of those days where I feel likeI'm still trying to catch my breath, and here it is just after 9pm already! My mornings are usually structured so that the computer is getting up and running while I eat breakfast and then I check emails and orders, pull orders, print whatever needs printed to fill an order and then package and ship orders. Living in a small community our Post Office closes between 11 & 12 for lunch and then closes for the day at 3:30. Yes, 3:30. So I like to get my packages down there usually by 2-ish.


And now on Fridays my hubby is off. So this is also our "market" day. Again, living in a small rural community up on a mountain, you kind of learn to plan things, as there is no simple running out to the store because you forgot something. And Fridays always worked well for us. But today we left earlier than usual because we needed to go to the "city" that is on the other side of the small town we usually shop in. Ergo, longer, much longer, trip.


We left the house just before 2 this afternoon and when we got home it was almost 8pm. I'm tired. But I can't complain because out of the trip I got a new set of sheets to go with my new bedroom color and new comforter set I've got on order, a new toaster/convection oven and a new electric skillet and dinner at KFC. Who says after all these years my DH doesn't know how to treat a girl romantically. ;-)

Over at Ning's Etsy Cottage Style the Fun Friday Challenge is going strong. I missed two challenges while they were running, one was a prompt of Geneology and then one that was Window, so when I got other things caught up I determined to catch those up also and ended up doing a digital print incorporating both challenges into one. I call it simply "Family".

This past week our prompt was Children and I created these tags that I will add to the The Papier Cottage this weekend over at Etsy

And since our prompt this week was Children I'm giving you this image of a lovely child for your TGIF Free Image and hope you have fun with her!
I'm off to catch my breath! I hope everyone has a marvelous weekend!



4 comments:

Sherry/Cherie said...

Whew, I'm tired just reading about your day and how pooped you are!!!

As always, your digital work is phenomenal and the tags are delightful!!!

And thank you for this sweet image -- she looks an angel!!

Enjoy your weekend and s.l.o.w. down!!! ;)

miss magpie-pixie said...

Hey Gail ;o) thought i would say Hi sweetie !
I know i`ve commented on your makes on fun friday challenge before - but i have to say here - you do such a wonderful brilliant job on each and every one ! Even if they are tags !! LOL

And a KFC treat feast from your hubby ! he`s pushing the boat out isn`t he !! ? ;o)

Enjoy the rest of your weekend !!

My Vintage Studio said...

Hi Gail. Love your art for the Friday Challenge! Sharon

CEDAR JUNCTION said...

Even though living in a small, rural mountain home may be a bit inconvenient from time to time, I bet it's a wonderful retreat! People pay big $$ to get a week or two a year and you have the pleasure of year-round peace! Do you have a spare room? LOL

Hugs, Teresa