Friday, June 27, 2008

Happy Friday All! Fun Eye Candy!

Oh my goodness. This week in the mountains of Tennessee have seen The. Most. Perfect. Weather! And so exciting... my new double hung windows were installed early in the week so I feel doubly blessed. I finally have windows that actually open, that I can actually clean! Anyone who knows me knows I have an aversion to dirty windows and my windows have basically been dirty since we moved into this shabby old cottage.

Now don't get me wrong, I always was able to clean my windows from the inside. But that only took care of a small portion of the problem. Because the old storm windows were so old and crotchety my DH was afraid once they came off there was no getting them back on without rebuilding a window. So I've lived with dirty windows and he's lived with a complaining wife. Now we're both happy! ;-)

The other old house window problem was that some of my windows wouldn't even open and some had cracks and some had to be propped up. But now, oh NOW I have windows that not only can I clean but they open and stay open all by themselves!! And so this week I've been able to enjoy this perfect weather with every window open, a soft summer breeze, and the sun shining in. Now it seems the world looks bigger and brighter and better!! Like I said...doubly blessed! It truly is the little things isn't it?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now here is some fun eye candy and inspiration from some of our Design Team. They each received a sample of Crafty Secrets Little Girl Outfit and were simply asked to "Create", because these ladies certainly need no direction from me! One project. Three totally different looks! Talk about inspiration!

Sharon Wideman created this beautiful patriotic dress and finished it off with one of our vintage look hangers.

Dawn Edmonson glued her dress together and made a one of kind heirloom card for the parents of a new baby girl with a poem on the back.

Sally Smith cut hers apart and made a book! Wouldn't this be a fun project to create for grandmere!



Aren't they great!! We're almost out of stock but I will be re-ordering.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The creations that came out of my studio were a bit on the small side and done last week but I'm just now getting the time to get them up and they will be added to my Etsy shop The Papier Cottage as soon as possible These are small composition books, approximately 3.5 x 4.5. Elegant little books for notes to yourself. ;-) These would make a great gift when you just need something small.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And for the TGIF free image of the week...in honor of my new windows ;-) I leave you with a little something I put together digitally. I hope you enjoy it!



And don't forget....Check out our new blog and get ready for our first contest July 1!!!!!

Y'all have a WONDERFUL weekend!


8 comments:

My Vintage Studio said...

Thank you for the kind words on my project, but I just love the book idea!

Also, thank you for this great photo image.

Hope you have a great weekend!

Sherry/Cherie said...

I would so love to have new windows in this house -- we are due but they aren't on the immediate "to do" list -- so I can imagine how happy you are with yours.

Didn't the team do a fantastic job with the dresses?!? Each one so different from the others which shows their individual styles and each one as wonderful as the next. Great work ladies!!

As for the image this week Gail?! LOVE it!!

xo
S.

Faith's Vintage Vanity said...

I LOVE TO SEE HOW TOTALLY DIFFERENT MINDS CAN WORK. ALL 3 ARE AMAZING! THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE IMAGE, I LOVE IT AND CANT WAIT TO USE IT.(IT'S SO ME!)

FAITH

DeeDee said...

It is very exciting to see how differently three people create.

Thank you so much for the blog banner. I love it! Please come by to see it how it looks.

Miss Sandy said...

Congrats on the new windows, I too am a fan of clean windows with a clear view!

The dresses are darling, I saw Dawn's over at her place, they are all just adorable!

Love your little pocket journals! Just right to keep handy and pretty to boot!

Have a wonderful weekend!

CEDAR JUNCTION said...

Thanks for the eye candy. The little dresses are so adorable.

You are getting new windows and I just received a load of OLD windows. I am making a chalkboard out of one of them, but am still looking of ideas for the rest of them.

I'm glad you are having wonderful weather - you can enjoy your windows all the more!

Hugs, Teresa

shabby*girl said...

You have a beautiful blog and I love these darling dress cards! My friend, Sharon, did the red, white & blue card!!!!! Of course, you know this! I'll check back again soon...fun place to visit! Missy :)

Couture de Papier said...

Love your new blog esp the background!! Come by and pick up you award! the weather and water has been divine here in Mass.usually the water is freezing..too bad it is so short..wanted tropical getaway!! Love your new goodies!
Denise