Friday, August 29, 2008

Happy Labor Day Weekend!


It is a long weekend right? I mean the months go so fast, just how fast will a 3 day weekend go by? Don't turn your head or you might miss your holiday weekend! LOL Okay, I'm being silly. But it is the end of the month in another two days and we are seeing definite hints of fall. The nights have been cooling down, and as you drive down the mountain, here and there, you will see a small flash of red and yellow in the surrounding forest.

I've been busy this week. But I'm pleased I got this one thing done..... I joined a fairy swap over at Etsy Cottage Style and got it in the mail Wednesday (I hate to admit a few days late...eek!) to my swap partner, the lovely Sherry of Esprit*d'art. I can't show you pictures yet until Sherry gets her package but here's a teeny hint for you Sherry sweets. ;-)



And here's a picture of who's been using my studio the most lately.

That, of course, would be Gracie in her "aren't I a cute kittie?" pose on my worktable. Where she is NOT supposed to be! Which is why she's posing so mom won't yell, "GRACIE! Get off my table!"

I have some fun new papers and collage sheets coming real soon, so keep an eye out for those.

For those of you who will be around, don't forget Monday Sept. 1, is the beginning of our next Challenge Contest over at Mind Wide Open. I'm SO excited about the new image and it's been so hard to not reveal it these past few weeks! ;-)

And if you haven't been over to MWO this week you need to check out not only Viola Erdmann's interview but check out Viola's work via her blog! She is one extremely talented lady! I LOVE her work!

So I am wishing everyone here in the States a most happy and wonderful holiday, and those of you out of the States I wish you a happy and wonderful regular weekend! :-) In honor of the above "cute kittie", today's TGIF free image is another "cute kiddie". I personally think they are both adorable. ;-)





9 comments:

Sherry said...

jeepers....I closed my eyes really fast and scrolled down to see this little lovely...whew that was close!!! lol!!! ;) ♥

Summer is over...how sad...Labour Day always signals the end to me since school always starts the day after Labour Day here...I shall be doing the happy dance on Tuesday morning when my youngest strolls out the door!! ;)

Mercedes said...

I hope you had a good Labor Day, and have a rest , lol !!!
Cheer up with the problem computer.
My holidays finishes just today, grrr, Tomorrow routine and routine...... OH, with art in my free time of course......

Shabby Cottage Studio said...

Thanks Mercedes! Oh, holidays are just too short arent' they?! Hope everything is going well for you in between the routine and making art. ;-)

hugs
g

Shabby Cottage Studio said...

Thanks Mercedes! Oh, holidays are just too short arent' they?! Hope everything is going well for you in between the routine and making art. ;-)

hugs
g

Nita Jo said...

I love the picture of Gracie! She reminds me of our Tippytoes (Tippy for short). She's been gone a year now... still miss her. She was a "talker"!

The image is so dreamy. I look forward to using her in a project!
Thank you so much for your generosity!
Nita Jo

Shabby Cottage Studio said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shabby Cottage Studio said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shabby Cottage Studio said...

Thanks Nita Jo, I think we always miss them. I lost my Taz ten years ago and still miss him.

Shabby Cottage Studio said...
This comment has been removed by the author.