Friday, September 5, 2008

Soul Satisfaction

Happy first Friday of the month! I hope you all have had a good week, nothing to disturbing or distressful, the boss was nice, the traffic was smooth, your sweetie was sweet and you got good beauty rest every night.


I've had busy but productive week. And I treated myself which is something I don't do as much as I'd like. ;-) Long about the middle of the week I took some time and went to town. I was on a mission and nothing was going to stop me. I HAD to get to the used book store. It's a long trip and I can't get there as often as I would like so a lot of times I'm forced to buy a new book at the local Wallyworld. That wouldn't be so bad if the choices were larger, the prices smaller and I didn't read and finish a book every few days. Which gets hard on the old pocketbook.

I packed up a bag of books I had finished, headed off to town and look what I came back with! I took enough books back I had $33.00 in credit! So all I had to shell out was $7.00...the price of a one new paperback! Ahhh, blessed relief, my soul's hunger has been appeased for a time and I'm already several chapters into a new story.

I wanted to share this with you. The lovely and talented Pat Winters, who was our first Mind Wide Open contest winner sent me this gorgeous little pouch a while back and I've been remiss in getting it up to share it's beauty with you. Let me tell you, I was thrilled and honored and sent Pat an over the top I'm sure thank you note. ;-)


I only had my little camera this morning and couldn't get as close as I wanted without blur, but Pat transferred one of our altered image collage sheet images to fabric and used that as the center motif. It's from the Altered Children series, the little girl riding the fish. The whole pouch has a gorgeous beach/sea/underwater theme and believe me when I say the picture does not even come close to showing you the real beauty of the whole piece. And again I want to shout out to Pat THANK YOU ~THANK YOU!!! :-)

Isn't it beautiful? It's my new computer. Still on the building table. You may not be able to see it, but we're actually closer to completion than we were last week. ;-)

And in honor of my fun little jaunt to the bookstore this week I leave you with this TGIF free Friday image.

I wish every last one of you a joyous weekend!


2 comments:

Sherry said...

I love it when people show their thanks and generous spirits and Pat has certainly done that here--the pouch is gorgeous!!!

As for your books -- I love that you recycle and share - books are meant to be read over and over and used books are as good as new -- sometimes better!!

Happy reading!!!

Nita Jo said...

What a beautiful gift! So many lovely little details!

Thank you for the book image! The raised spines are gorgeous. I wish I had them sitting on my bookshelf.

Happy Friday and Happy September!
Nita Jo