Friday, December 5, 2008

Another Friday in Blogland

Happy Friday everybody! If you're counting, we've got 20 days left until Christmas. Today these packages were left on my front porch by my lovely little UPS lady named Julie. Add I do mean little...I just can't imagine how she schleps all those big heavy boxes around...but she does. And she even manages a friendly little conversation with me if I'm out and about and a treat for the dog. I love that about living in the country. When I had my store down in urban land, it took me almost six months to finagle one little smile out of my UPS lady who delivered to the store.



But I digress....these aren't Christmas gifts. This year we have decided to forgo the tradition of giving gifts in our family and instead decided to just enjoy the holiday and each others company and good food. But we left it open for re-evaluation next year. ;-) No, these mean work for me in the coming week. And new goodies for you to peruse when I get them in the shop. So stay tuned during the week, I may have something you just can't live without. ;-)







I have created another set in my series of Double Sided Tag Collage Sheets and they are called "Nested"



So I need to go drag in those boxes and start opening them and figuring out where to put "stuff"!


I am wishing all of you a marvelous and healthy weekend doing lots of fun things with people you love. It's so important.







5 comments:

Cassie said...

My family is doing away with gift giving this year also. I really hope that every one sticks to it. I know what you mean about the UPS person in town vs. country. When I managed a Bridal Shop in a smallish city, my FEDEX guy was a grinch all year! The UPS guy on the other hand, was a flirty chatty Cathy!

sherry smyth said...

Pretty tags and pretty graphic...
but....what's in the boxes, huh, huh, tell me, what's in the boxes, what's in the boxes....

...which reminds me very much of small children at this time of year when the postman brings packages and they are "wetting themselves" to know what's inside!!

Shabby Cottage Studio said...

heehee, lots of fun stuff Sherry my sweet! And just like your parents told you then, I'm telling you now...you'll just have to wait. LOL ;-)
hugs
g

Lori @ Katies Rose Cottage said...

Gail ~ Isn't it so much fun to get all of the boxes on your porch !! I love it when I get orders in, I feel like it is Christmas ~ there is always that problem of where to put everything though ~
Have fun unpacking and listing !!
xoxo,
Lori

CEDAR JUNCTION said...

Your birdie tags are adorable!

I am hoping to get my tree up today. Last week was a toughie.