Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Year!



I fervently wish us all a good 2009, whatever it may bring! I want to thank everyone who has stopped by this past year, whether you posted a comment or not I appreciate all of you here at my humble little blog.

I have been in the midst of a major re-do of my studio since the day after Christmas. I will have to share pictures later because right now my memory card reader for my camera is packed away from our Christmas trip and with everything out of my studio and strewn throughout the house I have no idea where it is. ;-)

I know I've posted studio pictures before. It seems to have become a habit, a major re-organizing of my space about once a year...at least according to Mr. Shabby. But this isn't simply a re-organization. I know that my re-organizations were simply attempts to fool myself into thinking I had a nice new studio. But my heart always knew they weren't what I really wanted. This is renewal! :-)

I dreamed of color and carpet and molding. I dreamed of a pretty, pretty studio but functional and practical as well. And affordable. So I saved my money for things like paint and carpet and wood for Mr. Shabby to build me work counters. And then with all the details I knew I wanted to practice my 3 R's. Recycle, re-use and re-purpose. So I've been "shopping" my house and basement and have been amazed at what I've turned up that I can use.

So far we have the walls painted, molding cut and primed, doors painted and frames primed. We have argued out...erm.... discussed... the details of the works counters and tomorrow we go to buy wood and carpet. My computer room, my dining room, my hallway, all look like someone upended a room full of "stuff" into them in a jumbled piles. I can't wait to get my room back together. I'll share pics as soon as I can find that darn card reader. ;-)

Happy, Happy to all and God bless us every one.



7 comments:

Jenny S said...

Happy New Year!!!

debi @ life in my studio said...

I understand about the re-organizing thing...I do it every so often. It helps me to remember what I have and make changes according to current work patterns.
I can't wait to see pics of your studio!! I'm excited for you!
Happy New Year!
Debi

sherry smyth said...

What a beautiful card for the New Year...it's delightful and so true Gail!!

Wishing you and Mr. Shabby a most blessed, and prosperous new year.

RIP Eartha Kitt ♥

Sherry Goodloe said...

I don't have a "dedicated" studio, so I am always reorganizing. As a matter of fact, I've been doing it again these past few days I've been off work from "the day job". I always feel good after cleaning or reorganizing a closet, drawer, table, etc.

Raise your glass - Here's to feeling good about ourselves in 2009! Happy New Year

lorhen82 said...

Can't wait to see pictures of your studio! I'm in the process too, but it's going to take a while.

Happy New Year to you!

CEDAR JUNCTION said...

Happy New Year, Gail!

Teresa

Coastal Sisters said...

I can't wait to see picture of your studio. I am sure it will be fabulous!

Happy New Year Gail,
LuLu~*