Friday, December 12, 2008

The Small Things




I'm a bit too tall and a tad too old to be an elf, but elf I was this week over at the Cottage, what with all the sleigh unloading! So I'm glad that part is over! And now everything in it's place and a place for everything. And I contemplate some time off. Time for me. Time for family. Time for friends. I will close all the shops from Dec. 21 to Dec. 26.

We will go out for a nice dinner with the family (a jeans ban for that evening) and a holiday play. Mr Shabby and I then leave the next day for Raleigh to spend a few warm and delightfully cozy days with Liz and Rick. Then back for traditional Christmas Eve dinner at the folks. Followed by Christmas day. All in all small things but important things. What Christmas should be about, family, friends, warmth, love and much, much laughter. I dearly, from the bottom of my heart wish the same for each and every one of you out there in blogland.

The picture above is your TGIF free image. It makes me think of a silent winter day in the forest when the silence is eloquent. Enjoy dear ones.




4 comments:

sherry smyth said...

What a beautiful graphic Gail!!!
I know you and Mr. Shabby (rofl!..does he KNOW you call him this??!) will have a wonderful time in Raleigh and a well deserved rest and relax with good friends is one of the best gifts we give ourselves at the holidays.

Wishing you and that Mr. Shabby man the most joyous and blessed of holidays!!! ♥

Shabby Cottage Studio said...

I think not Sherry ;-) Thank you for your wishes.

Jenny S said...

Wow!! Miss Elf you have been busy!! Such fun items!! Let me know if you are going to stop by the shop and I will run over and say hi when you are in Raleigh!!

Her Art Nest said...

Thank you, thank you for the sweet pastel bird image. I love it!
Nan