Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Creativity Abounds

Have you been over to Creative Workshops lately? Class participants are creating all over the place and having a blast! We've been busy behind the scenes and in front! I'm thrilled that people are finding us over at Creative Workshops and that we seem to be filling a need for more online classes. Going the online route keeps things affordable and can be made to fit into our busy schedules from the comfort of home.

We've got three workshops coming up for February and March.

LEARN TO CREATE DIGITAL COLLAGES- Gail Schmidt

The first is my workshop for those of you who have Photoshop or Photoshop Elements and want to learn the magical world of creating a collage digitally. We will be learning how to create 3 different digital collages. I believe that doing is learning and in this workshop I will have you create 3 different collages, starting simple with each one a bit more advanced than the last. Skills you learn from creating these will prepare you to create your own beautiful digital art.

Starts Feb. 24.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

MIXED MEDIA/COLLAGE BACKGROUNDS WORKSHOP ~ Nancy Lefko

Just as artists benefit from a support system, every work of art needs a supportive background. This five-session class will guide you through the process of creating a background rich in pattern, color and design.

Starts March 9
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHADES OF GRAY Workshop - Pam Carriker

A 3 week journey into the timeless art of Moleskine Journaling. We will use 'Shades of Grey' Pitt Pens, Caran d'ache watersoluble crayon, and black & white images to create pages worthy of a Moleskine's handcrafted covers.

Starts March 23

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As you can see, we've lined up some fun creative workshops for you! Come on over to Creative Workshops and check out our Main page where you can read all the information on workshops and how this whole "online thing" works. :-)



11 comments:

Diane said...

Gail, on creating in Photo Shop...what if you've never done PS before? I have PS7 and don't have a clue how to begin, the terminology, nothing. Is your class beyond someone like me?
Diane

Charmingdesigns said...

I'm so excited pam is doing this shades of grey. I always have a problem getting my darks, dark enough, I'm thinkin a class like this will be helpful. Laurie

Skimac2002 said...

Hi, I'm new to your blog and your shop and just wanted to say I am so impressed by your artistic eye, your creativity and your spirit. Thanks for sharing -- you clearly found your perfect niche to share beauty. Helen in Calif.

Shabby Cottage Studio said...

Thank you so much Helen, your words warm my heart.

Lisa Gatz said...

Hi Gail! Your class lineup looks great!

Chris said...

Hi, I've just signed up for the Digital Collage workshop and I'm really looking forward to expanding my PSE skills.

Thank you for offering this course.

Chris in UK

Amy Sutter said...

how fun! You are such an inspiration to so many... Hope all is well :-)
hugs,
Amy

Susan said...

I'm so glad you are adding workshops. They all look very impressive. I hope to be able to take one sometime. I gave you an award on my blog today.
Susan

Lucy said...

Love your blog Gail, everything is so beautiful :)

CEDAR JUNCTION said...

Just stopped by to wish you a lovely day and to invite you to enter my blogversary giveaway. Just stop by my blog and leave a comment to enter. Thanks!

Smiles,
Teresa

Deirdra Doan said...

Dear Gail. Thank you for the studio tour. I am in the middle of finishing mine right now. As a painter I didn't need all the storage places but now...mix media makes it all bewildering. You helped me see how to make it work.

I know alot about PS but have not used it for art collage. Do you think the class would be too elementary for me or helpful to learn a new way to use it? In fact I have a project/post on my blog right now that I could use PS collage work for. If you check it you will see.

Thanks again and great studio!!!
Deirdra