Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Meet Faith and the Hunter of Dreams

I have been taking a class with the wonderfully and creatively talented Joanna Pierotti the creator and owner of Mosshill Studio. I have been a fan of Joanna's work ever since I saw her first doll on Ebay a number of years ago. And now she is offering up her knowledge for all to share in her excellent workshops. I couldn't get over there fast enough to sign up. So go check it out and maybe you too will be inspired to create your own doll. I call this one Faith. It was so much fun and so relaxing for me in the short time increments I could get into the studio to work on her that I know without a doubt I'll be creating more!


And this is a new collage I need to get listed in my Etsy store, The Papier Cottage. That poor store is woefully ignored, and with fingers crossed, my goal this year is to get it stocked up with more art work. I call this one Hunter of Dreams. I am absolutely in love with this image so don't be surprised if you see her again, even, possibly, maybe ;-) in a collage sheet.

My mom told me I hadn't posted anything on my blog for a week or so and it was getting boring. Is this better mom? :-) Love you!




18 comments:

sherry lee said...

OMG!! I love Dolly!!!! She's so gorgeous and her face is beautiful!! The birds just "make it" for me -- I'm so glad you found Joanna -- for so many reasons!!

And thanks mom for gettin' this girl off her "butt" and back to her blog...I often ask her "where would she be without you?!?!" :)

NANCY LEFKO said...

Yes, Gail, much better :) hee hee

Is that a stamp done in molding paste at the bottom of the collage ?? If so, what kind do you use.....any tips ??

NANCY LEFKO said...

oh, and honey, that doll is awesome...you have created magic in her !!!!

PCarriker said...

I love the doll Gail! She is just gorgeous! Those little birdies are amazing!!
xoxo

The Joy of Nesting said...

Hi Gail,

Faith is far more then beautiful!! You have created a most amazing doll :)

Do let us know if you add "the Hunter" to your collage sheets.

Pattie ;)
Mazatlan Mexico

Musenkind am Meer said...

Not only for your Mum. Also for me. I love your blog and I am a constant visitor!

Hugs Cornelia

Lynn said...

Beautiful doll Gail, just love her, and your collage too :)

Deirdra Doan said...

Your doll is great...and your collage is magical...!

Deirdra Doan said...

Bye the way Gail...I give you some music from my husband that you can use on your video's on youtube free...I saw they took the audio off your faries.

www.johndoan.com we have some lovely music from his CD Remembrance-Melodies From A Forgotten Era


smile...

The Feathered Nest said...

Oh Gail...she's beautiful!!!!! I just love her!! Your collage is gorgeous as well ~ thank you so much for inspiring....xxoo, Dawn

Marilyn said...

Oh, I Love your Doll!! She is so Enchanting!!
Enjoy.....
Love, Marilyn

kathy mc said...

She is marvelous. I am still working on mine.

Garden Painter Art said...

Hi Gail:

Your doll is fabulous. I've always wanted to experiment with mixed media dolls, but alas ~ I barely have time to keep up with all that I'm doing now.

I remember Mosshill Studio from back in my eBay days. Sometimes, I miss those good ol' eBay days!

Kim
Garden Painter Art

Kathy said...

How have I missed your blog?
Well, now that I am here, I am so enjoying it. This doll is one of the prettiest things I have ever laid my eyes on, OMG. Fab!
~xx~
Kathy

safeinpsalm91 said...

Oh, my goodness. I am amazed at how creative this is. I Love the colors too. Just my style.

Peggy

Retro Cafe' Art Gallery said...

Gail, your doll is GORGEOUS!!! I just joined the class (my bday prezie from Mossy) and I can't wait to get started. I bought my head on Ebay the other day. Your doll is incredible! I love the lace and the little bird. I hope all is wonderful in your world!
xoxo,
Kristin

Shabby Cottage Studio said...

Thanks so much Kris! YoOu're going to have SO Much fun! I'm finishing up my 2nd doll. ;-)
I hope your world is good too!
hugs
Gail

Elizabeth said...

Dear gail! I have just found your blog thanks to Pat Winter!! I Too am a fan of Joanna Perotti's and I love the doll that yo have created!! I might have to take a class with her myself!! I see taht I ahe the same questionas Nacy, above. To get the crackle in the huntress collagewhat kind of medium do you use? Is it Craclke Paint by Ranger or a molding paste!! you collages are fabulous and I would love to see the Huntress ona collage sheet!!
wonderful to meet you!
Elizabeth