Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Are you a Journaler?

I've determined that I'm not the journaling type. I spent years thinking I was. I would start multitudes of journals, only to never finish them. Then I would feel guilty for not finishing...but only until I started the next one. I have written journals, art journals, sketch journals, color formula journals, decorating journals, gardening journals...get my drift? ;-)

But I love journals...I love the concept of journals, I love holding journals in my hands, the blank page draws me in, entices me to once more think...oh yes I'll start this one and finish it. But it just isn't going to happen. I have to face the truth...I will never finish any journal I start. But what to do about my love of journals?

I've just this past year become enamoured of altering journals and have discovered this is my way to play with journals, to be creative with journals without having to ever write, draw, paint or think in one. So I'll just alter them and put them in my store for those of you who actually start and finish journals.


Here is my latest journal I finished up about 3:30 this morning because I woke up at 2am and couldn't get back to sleep. I'm listing it in The Papier Cottage my Etsy store I opened for just my artwork to keep separate from the supplies.

I call it Moments of the Journey, because while I may not be a journaler I recognize that any journal is a moment in our own lifes' journey.



4 comments:

The Joy of Nesting said...

Oh MY Gosh Gail, thank you for coming out of the Journaling challenged closet!! :) It's so good to know that I'm not alone out here. Loving to make journals only to find that I can't get past the first couple of entries before my commitment and ever so anemic disapline desert me :( Oh but what fun and enjoyment there is in making them!! I only hope that I don't run out of family and friends before my ever so slight obsession is satisfied :)

Pattie ;)
Mazatlan Mx.

Dorthe said...

Hi Gail, what a beautifull book-journal you made,I love it,-the Paris theme,and romance.
Hugs to you
Dorthe

Lynn said...

Beautiful journal Gail :) I used to journal back in the days when we wrote everything by hand. Now I just don't do it anymore. I think the computer took over my life, maybe that's why.

sherry lee said...

I've learned "the hard way" that I'm not really a visual journaller. I thought I was, or I wanted to think I was, but I've discovered through trial and error that it really doesn't interest me.

I love journals...I love having them, altering them, writing in them. I'll leave the visual journals to those who have that passion!