Sunday, March 22, 2009

Celebrating Spring!

Finally the first day of Spring arrived this week and I am thrilled that it has brought with it some warmer days. It's time to turn thoughts to flower beds and mulching and pruning and planting and all that entails. Winter thoughts of outdoor projects can begin to become reality. Can you tell Spring is my favorite time of the year? :-)

Spring also brings about our need to do some Spring cleaning as we bring our homes out of the winter doldrums and get them ready for a new season. My friend Faith of The Glitzy Crown also has an online consignment store in need of formal, prom, pageant, and flower girl dresses. So while you're Spring cleaning keep this in mind and if you have any of these dresses tucked away and would like to get rid of them and maybe make a little of your money back, contact Faith and she'll give you all the details. You'll be in good hands.

So today as I head outdoors to start that cleaning of flowers beds I thought I'd let you know that I'm bringing Spring to the shop also! For all those SPring projects looming you'll find below just a few of the new products that have been arriving at the Shabby Cottage Studio. And some old favorites are being restocked while I'm waiting for a new shipment of velvet flowers and leaves that should be here later in the week.

We've brought in more of Tim Holtz products, always fun with so many uses. And we've stocked up on more of one of our favorite vendors, Crafty Secrets. Their beautiful vintage images come in many different forms and are an excellent product for the cost. I've restocked some popular Glimmer Mist colors and brought in some new luscious colors and also some new Alcohol Ink colors.

Oh, and some fun new chipboard....some really cool interactive "doors" that you can add to a project, place an image behind them and them the "doors" open to reveal the image. How fun does that sound?! Plus I love the Bare Elements triptych in the shape of houses! We know how popular houses are! You can see all these and more on our What's New page.





















2 comments:

sherry lee said...

great new products...I'm still waiting for spring fever to pull me into it's grip!

The Glitzy Crown said...

You are SOOOOO sweet! Thanks for helping me get the word out. I have actually tried that spring cleaning thing myself and made a trip the other day with some stuff for the Salvation Army. I have a lot more to go!

Luv,
Faith