Sunday, April 5, 2009

New Classes Added for May and Free Tutorials

Over at Creative Workshops we've added two new and exciting classes for your Muse! As always we want to find ways to inspire your muse, to help you when you fall into a creative slump...and face it most of us do from time to time, and while it's gotten to be a tired out adage, we want to offer ways for you to "think outside the box" when it comes to your artwork.

The first class is one I am offering and it is most definitely a class for those of you who want to take it up a notch! It's titled Golden Digital Grounds – Expand Your Possibilities!

Golden I think has made a mistake in naming this product. It is very misleading. This is not a class about creating anything digitally through Photoshop or any photo editor. It's about what you can now print on that you couldn't print on before, because inkjet ink won't adhere to many surfaces without going dull or faint or blurry. And too often inks will pool, run and smear easily. But not anymore!

This workshop is not about the finished product as much as it is about the process. You are going to learn to use these new mediums by Golden to create your own unique surfaces to add to any artwork you create. And I think you will be simply amazed at what you can do with these absolutely exciting new products. Class starts May 11, 2009.


The second class is being offered by Nancy Lefko and is titled PAINTED FABRIC COLLAGE WORKSHOP . Nancy is mixing it up with patchwork, paint and collage...all on fabric. Now your Muse will have another take on working on fabric that maybe she hadn't thought of before. Nancy has been receiving great feedback on her Mixed Media Backgrounds class so I know this class will be just as fun and informative! Class begins May 25, 2009.

**************************************
I'd also like to let you know about a new endeavor of mine. Maybe you've seen the new Shabby Cottage Studio badge that says Free Tutorials? It's posted in the store and on all the blogs and over at Creative Workshops. But you can also find it here. This is something I've been wanting to do for some time and have finally been able to start.

There is only one video up right now but as I get these done I will post them on the new page. They will be 30 minutes or less and some will be more basic than others. I know there are new people joining our art form all the time and sometimes they need just some basics to get them started on their creative journey. This is simply my way of trying to give back to a community that has been so wonderful to me.

And if you have any ideas of something you'd like to see done, or how a product I sell in the store is used, just let me know and I'll see what I can do to accomodate the request.



1 comment:

My Vintage Studio said...

Hi Gail. Thanks for visiting my blog. I love your new banner and background! I will have to make a visit to MWO to check out the classes. Sorry I haven't been on the computer much lately...for that matter, not creating much either. :(
Sharon