Thursday, May 21, 2009

Let's Take a Walk in the Garden

The greatest gift of the garden
is the restoration of the five senses.
~Hanna Rion
While we grew tired of the rain, the flowers have been in their glory. Today is our 4th day in a row without rain and it is warm and beautiful outside. I pushed myself away from the computer gasping for fresh air perfumed by all that is in bloom. I thought I would share my walk with you and what is blooming in my garden today as I restore my five senses.

There are still a few Irises in bloom

Roses by the back stoop...filled with daffodils earlier


A Climber waiting for the shed to be painted so the trellis can be hung and the the flowers trained
Peony bush by the front porch just now blooming, lots of buds

Soon to be a full fledged Peony

just like this one
Another peony bush full of buds

and the first bloom.
You might notice a love of peonies and roses and the color pink

Pink Columbine
I perhaps owe having become a painter to flowers. ~Claude Monet

I'd rather have roses on my table than diamonds on my neck. ~Emma Goldman



One of my favorite rose bushes...it was here when we bought the house

more of the same rose bush
Outside my computer room..I can see them now as I write


The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. ~George Bernard Shaw

A shade garden my mom and I have been working on
The little shed is the same one from a previous post about us painting it...the rain has delayed that project. It will be a pale yellow when done. Soon I hope.
A flower's appeal is in its contradictions -
so delicate in form yet strong in fragrance, so small in size yet big in beauty,
so short in life yet long on effect. ~Adabella Radici
I hope you enjoyed your walk!
I know I did

8 comments:

~*~Patty Szymkowicz said...

what an amazing 'walk' thru your garden, the closeups take my breath away, TFS....I can not imagine a world without flowers!

Tristan Robin Blakeman said...

I perhaps owe having become a painter to flowers. ~Claude Monetafter walking through his gardens in Giverny several times, I can understand it - breathtaking!

Your gardens are lovely. One of my favorite flowers is peonies - and you're are spectacular!

debi @ life in my studio said...

Your flowers are sooo beautiful!

PCarriker said...

They need to make a way to smell them! Beautiful Gail:-)
xoxo

Karen Valentine said...

Thank you so much for sharing your lovely garden with us. I adore peonies although my climate here in Scottsdale doesn't allow me to enjoy them. I always enjoy looking at what others are able to grow.
Karen

Jemjoop said...

Beautiful flowers. I adore peonies as well, such colors. That's a wonderful rose quote, I'd like to use that on my blog too if you don't mind. Forget diamonds on my neck, I'll take flowers on my table any day!

Your shade garden is looking good. My Aunt the gardener planted a night garden once (all white flowers) and it was so pretty. I'd like to plan one myself this year.

Thanks for sharing your walk.

Jen

Coastal Sisters said...

Gail...your flowers are just lovely! I have the little urchins across the street taking golf clubs and wacking the heads off my daffodils *sigh*. At least I got to enjoy my walk in your garden :)

LuLu~*xoxo

joyfulploys said...

Oh, my goodness! Your flowers are georgous!! Thanks for sharing the pics!