Friday, June 26, 2009

You're Never to Old to Play with....

I was invited to a blog party! And for the first time I am able to participate in something like this. I guess you could call me a blog party newbie so I'm really nervous because I'm really kind of shy when it comes to parties and a lot of people. But I got excited and got a new dress and shoes. It's been so long since I've been to a party I'm concerned I look a little old fashioned.

But oh dear, it's to late now, I'm dressed and I'm late. I'm headed over to the Etsy Cottage Style blog to see what's happening with the party.

We've been asked to put up a post about what we've been playing with lately. So I've posted some pictures. I've always loved fabric, had a passion for it but really never got my act together to do a a whole lot with it. This past winter I had a strong hankering to do something with fabric. I even put my sewing machine in my studio hoping something would inspire me.

And just as I was getting ready to pack up the sewing machine to make room for other things since I wasn't being inspired and wasn't using it, I took the KC Willis Collage Camp workshop and found a fire lit under me. THIS was what I'd been looking for! That sewing machine wasn't going anywhere...I just moved it to one corner of the old desk I use and happily straddle that corner to zip away.


I dug through my fabric stash cupboard and rearranged my studio shelving to make room for a little bit of fabric to work with so I wouldn't have to keep tripping upstairs.

Oh my... I even set up the ironing board kind of semi permanently for now. Now THAT is unheard of! Ask my family.


My work table looks actually kind of neat right now even as I work on finishing a fabric collage for my bff who is coming to visit this weekend.

I even have more than one project started! Goodness, I haven't done that in SO long. I find I've gotten slower in my work habits as I age. ;-) This little fabric papier mache box will be finished soon and listed in my Etsy shop next week.
And these hard bound fabric covered journals will also be listed in the Etsy store next week...
along with this papier mache box that is already finished.



So dear bloggers that is what I have been playing with lately. And now KC has started workshops in her Colorado studio! KC Willis Studio Retreats where she says "Take your art and your life to the next level" and "If you thought Collage Camp was inspiring...the in-person workshops will be nothing short of...dare I say...life-changing?"
Oh to be one who could go to this retreat and have a life-changing experience! Now THAT would be something to blog about! Visit KC's ning sites and check out all her magnificent offerings of workshops and retreats and if you can run, don't walk to have the opportunity to learn from KC. You won't be disappointed.





15 comments:

Marilyn said...

Looks like a lot of work to me!! Love your Art!!
If you haven't visited my blog I am having a Quick 3 day give-away! Stop over & leave a comment to enter!
Hugs,
Marilyn
xxoo

chris said...

Wow!! Are you ever talented Gail!! I just adore your journals how lovely and creative! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today.
Best wishes,
Chris

Melody said...

Gail, Your collages are beautiful as usual. Love your studio...I'm jealous...mountains and a studio..LOL...can you stand it!
Hope you visit my blog soon!

Nice and Easy Antiques said...

Oh Gail, you look so pretty in that dress! But your fabric creations are even better! LOVE those journals! I have never printed images on fabric and I just love that look..I should try one of these days! Thank you for the constant inspiration and for making it to the party, it's fun to have you over!
Marcela

Joy said...

Those journals look AMAZING Gail!

Tristan Robin Blakeman said...

love your collages! - I'm also making journals and trinket boxes with techniques learned at K.C. camp ... great minds, huh?! LOL

Juls~ said...

Hi Gail!

Hmmm ... I've been thinking about getting a sewing machine! You are gonna be *bizzy, bizzy, bizzy*!!!

Your journals are darling!

Juls~

simplydelicious said...

Wow...when you got that sewing machine out...you put it to work!!! Love all of your projects! Please stop by my blog and see what I've been working on..I love to have visitors.

XO Karen

Charmingdesigns said...

I'm glad you got inspired!! Your work is fabulous!! Isn't KC's class the best!!! Your machine is making great stitches. Your box is beautiful. Laurie

debi @ life in my studio said...

Your journals and 'serenity' box are soooo beautiful! And your bff is going to love that gorgeous collage. Your work is so inspiring, I always enjoy visiting your blog.

ArtSnark said...

Really enjoyed the tour :D

Coastal Sisters said...

Busy little Bee! I love all the new pretties!

Sending love your way,
LuLu~*xoxo

LillySue said...

Beautiful projects! Your blog is so lovely!
Have a wonderful Independence Day!
Blessings~LillySue

debbie said...

HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY AND HAPPY PINK SATURDAY because it was during my posting on Pink Saturday I saw your name.
you are very talented and I love art of all kind...I am an art appreciater.(if that is even a word)
I am having my 100th post give away...please stop by
Angel hugs
debbie

Dorthe said...

Hi Gail, for once I succeded,so just want to tell you I love your little books, they are adorable, and the box too, so beautifull.

Wishes you a wonderfull day dear.

Hugs Dorthe