Friday, July 10, 2009

Introducing FAB Fridays

I have a new feature I am now adding to my blog and it's called FAB Fridays. And it's all about you. I am always so grateful more than words can ever say and often feel my words are inadequate to express how I feel about those of you who stop by my humble little blog. And those of you who leave comments just send me over the moon with your kindness and sweet words. I am also so very grateful for those of you who stop by the blog who are also customers, either at the online store or my Etsy store.

Often I read or hear comments like...my family and friends support me, but they don't understand the feelings and the passion I have for my art. I know so many of us have found those who do understand, here online, and we've made friends, some who unfortunately must always remain virtual, and some who stay and some who come to a fork in the road and some are even lucky enough to become friends in real time. And so it is with me. My family supports me, may brag about me to to others, tell me that what I do is pretty or beautiful or "interesting" and they appreciate totally when I create something for them, but deep in my heart I know they don't always understand what fuels me. (And they love me so they don't have to) But you do. And for that I am also grateful.

So I decided that on Friday's, as a small way for me to repay your kindnesses and friendships and customer loyalty, I would like to give you something. Every Friday until the end of the year I am putting up a Free ATC Background(FAB)(and because you guys are FABULOUS!) that I design digitally and offer no where else but here. If you like it it's yours dear reader...copy it, print it, modify it, change it, use it in your digital work, your 3D work, whatever...you can use it for absolutely anything you want, but it will be ATC sized at creation (2.5" x 3.5").

So here is my first FAB Friday offering. If you like it take it, if you don't, try back next week because I never know what will come off the digital drawing board.:-)





12 comments:

Joy said...

How many ways do I adore Gail? Too many to count. :o)

Lynn said...

Well my dear, you know how much I love your digi backgrounds, this one included, not one I don't like in fact, so thank you very much :)
Also for your lovely comment on my blog. Have a great weekend!

The Joy of Nesting said...

How very generous Gail!!

I'm sure all of us that live in this part of Bloglandia know exactly where you are coming from. I know when I fell into this wonderful little world I was over joyed!! Finally people who knew what I was talking about, who got it :)

Now with the start of rainy season your background is perfect!! That is exactly how the dry forest looks during an evening rain :)

Pattie ;)
Mazatlan Mx.

Bunty said...

You are so sweet Gail - thank you so much. :)

Charmingdesigns said...

ooooh yes. That IS why blogging is so important. We all understand each others desire to create something that starts in our mind and works its way through our fingers. Thank you so much for sharing. Laurie

NANCY LEFKO said...

What a wonderful post Gail....your kindness always shines through.

Your new books are glorious too !!!!

PCarriker said...

You are so sweet Gail! I think we all feel that way about our online family who 'gets' the why in what we do.
xoxo

Tristan Robin Blakeman said...

what a generous thing to do!

I love this first one - looks like a romantic rainy day.

ArtSnark said...

Just fab, Gail! Thanks for sharing!

ArtSnark said...

Just fab, Gail! Thanks for sharing!

pinkglitterfae said...

Gail this is so nice of you! the first offering is wonderful, nice and shabby, just how I like it.

(I wish you had 'follow' button on your blog, I bookmarked you, but don't always remember to check back)

Nita Jo said...

How sweet of you! I always love checking out your blog and seeing your creativity. I just noticed a change in your music selections. I always enjoy your tunes too!
Thanks so much!