Friday, July 24, 2009

New Classes & FAB Friday

Better late than never is the cliche. And it fits me today. I spent all day concentrating and working on this new digital class I forgot that it was even Friday! We were over at my mom's playing cards...(gals against the guys and of course we won...yay!). And the light bulb went off. Uh oh, if we're playing cards it must be Friday!

So...we have some new upcoming classes listed over at Creative Workshops!

I have a new digital class that starts Aug. 26, called Layer upon Layer, The Magic of Digital Art. You are going to learn how to create one of a kind backgrounds...how to take a plain image and give it artistic interest...how to manipulate layers and color... how to play with and create your own grunge and texture, play with the gradient tool, the magic wand and clone tool, some filters and more! Plus I share some fun free resources and links with you that I use in my own work.


Liz Miller is offering a watercolor batik class that begins Aug 24 called BUTTERFLY BATIK ART and it is a very cool process! Liz will teach you this exciting process using paraffin wax and watercolors on rice paper.


Ann Butler is teaching a great class for newbies to the world of altered art. It begins Sept. 10 and is called Altered Techniques 101. Ann is bringing you 25...count them...25 techniques to the class! And when you complete the class you will have a wonderful Technique Book to use as a reference guide for Altered Art.

So come on by the Creative Workshops homepage and check out not only the upcoming classes but the ongoing classes already up and running.

And here is your FAB (free ATC background) Friday image. If you like it, take it, use it for whatever you want. If you don't like it come back next Friday because I never know what will come off my digital drawing board. The only thing I do know is they will always be sized at 2.5" x 3.5".

I wish everyone a beautiful weekend!





3 comments:

Nita Jo said...

Oh, I hope things settle down for me so I can take a class. They all sound wonderful!

Thank you for the free background image. Very nice.

Have a glorious, creative weekend!
Nita Jo

dolls like us said...

This type of artwork is really becoming popular.I am seeing it everywhere.

Coastal Sisters said...

Can you hear me squealing with delight about the new digital class???? I am going to be like a hoppy toad and hop on over and sign up!

I have been on vaca so I have a lot of catching up to do visiting my favorite Blogs :)

Kisses,
LuLu~*xoxo