Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Some Chit, Some Chat

You may (or may not) notice on the right sidebar just above my Playlist I now have one of those followers "thingees". Someone told me it would be a nice thing for me to put up so as always I try to oblige when I can. :-) Can someone enlighten me as to how they use it? I mean I know the "how to" but I guess I'm wondering how do you apply it to your own blog reading? As usual it takes me a bit to get the fit right with something new on the computer.

I wanted to take a minute and remind those of you interested in online classes that we have two brand new classes starting this month over at Creative Workshops.

Tomorrow (July 15) starts Jodi Ohl's class Fun with Faux Encaustics. I have now seen the videos and you're in for a treat and will learn a lot with Jodi. And you can see a preview video of the class over on Jodi's Sweet Repeats blog . Learn how to give your work the look of encaustics without the expense and learning curve of encaustics. Once you learn Jodi's technique it's an easy next step to applying it to your own work!




Then next week, July 22, we have Martha Lever's Calligra-Fun workshop starting. You can also see a video of some of the wonderful brush lettering you are going to learn in Martha's class over at her Art Du Jour blog. Martha's work is beautiful and delightful, just like Martha with her sweet southern charm. And adding brush lettering to your skills and techniques just opens more doors for another direction of your art!

Plus we have classes coming that we haven't got listed yet!


I'm working on a Photoshop/Photoshop Elements class that will be all about using layers upon layers artistically, not only for your digital work but to enable you to bring it off the computer into your own 3D work!


We have an Altered Art 101 Techniques class coming up at the end of summer, a couple Polymer Clay classes and a Watercolor Batik workshop. So lots to look forward to! :-)


We should have the class listings and start dates up real soon over at Creative Workshops.

That's it for today...hope your week is a great one!





5 comments:

Tristan Robin Blakeman said...

"Can someone enlighten me as to how they use it? I mean I know the "how to" but I guess I'm wondering how do you apply it to your own blog reading?"

When you subscribe - or 'join' - a blog as a follower, your dashboard will announce whenever you have a new post. That way your favourite blogs which you want to follow don't get lost in cyber space.

It's just an easy update to follow blogs.

I also often look at the followers of my favourite blogs, and often find NEW favourite blogs!

Shabby Cottage Studio said...

Oh okay Tristan, I thin I"ve got it! So now I'm going to pay more attention and start looking for those on the blogs I visit!

Sherry Goodloe said...

Yep, like Tristan, that's exactly why I follow. I don't want to miss new posts from my "favorites" :) And yes, I'm "following you" hee hee

Brushed By An Angel said...

I have added my name as a follower. I don't know all the rules for blogging - like am I suppose to answer every comment someone makes on a post. I guess I will find out soon enough. But I do know I like reading them. Following lets me see the new posts without going through everyone of my favorites.

Alisa Nordholt-Dean said...

Sounds like a fun workshop line-up. I'm now a follower too :)