Saturday, August 15, 2009

Thank you Little Lovables!


I don't know about you...maybe it's my age, maybe it's the times we live in and being so overexposed to the media...but these days I find the world frightening me more, the political climate and what it is doing to the America I've always loved has me saddened to no end and it seems there are so many people filled with hate and anger who don't mind letting it all hang out. But I try to push the fear down, get on with my little life here in the mountains and smile in the face of it all.

Then something will happen that makes me truly smile even more and recognize that, while all these things are going on in the world, there are still wonderful, kind people, doing wonderful and kind things that once again overshadow the negativity others want to put out there.

And one such person is Lisa over at Little Lovables. She sent me an email last night to let me know she had included one of my fabric tags in her post "The Art of Giving Part 2". So THANK YOU Lisa for including my little tag amongst all the other beautiful tags you presented. It is a kind and wonderful thing you've done for others. And you are appreciated in my little corner of the world.




5 comments:

Little Lovables said...

thank you so much for the mention! I agree, it's hard to not get bogged down by all the bad news out there, it's nice nice to meet such lovely people who make such lovely things here :)

Silke said...

You do what I try to do - focus on the little things around me that I feel I have some control over. I often turn off the news because I find it scares me and leaves me feeling uneasy. It's good my little world is so full of small wonders... Heading over to Little Lovables right now! :) Silke

Dorthe said...

Hi Gail

Today I was allowed into your blog, and what a wonderfull morning I have had.
Saved all your lovely free backgrounds, read a bit, saw the beautifull tags you made with your new textiles.
I can`t wait till your packet with the flowers and tags arrive here, they will be beautifull to use with my dolls.

Thanks dear, -wishing you a lovely monday.
Hugs ~Dorthe

Joy said...

How lovely - I'll be checking out that link!

Coastal Sisters said...

How sweet :)

I can't wait for our class!

LuLu~*xoxo