Friday, November 13, 2009

Technically Overloaded?

I'm curious.
Are you on tech overload?


I wonder how many of you out there who use Facebook actually understand how to use Facebook? Or am I in the minority of those stumbling around over there wondering what in the world am I doing!? And I'm just about at the point where I'm going to drop Twitter. I simply don't use it. It's not even in my realm of thought during the day. I'm sorry but I just can't bring myself to read about so and so's fifteenth cup of java that day. Or care. So why would anyone really gives a #$@% that I'm just waking up or going to bed or that I let the dog out or what I fixed for dinner. Really. Who?
I'd rather create art!

So I did.  In a way.  Digitally.
It was way more fun than running around the maze of Facebook.
This is your FAB (free atc background) Friday image for Friday the 13th!  I didn't even realize it until I looked at my calender a few hours ago.  So how can I expect to understand all the new etch stuff out there?!
If you like it, grab it, use it for whatever you want.  It's yours.  If you don't like it try me next Friday, maybe I'll have something you like better. 




post signature

8 comments:

Coastal Sisters said...

Thank you so much for the freebie :)

I officially dropped Twitter as of this morning. I don't care to read when someone Tweets that they "just got off the throne" or someone just cussed out their spouse for the umpteenthed time today or even better, they just cleaned up their new puppy's poo....I have bigger fish to fry such as creating art!! Facebook, I have not gotten involved in since it's just one more thing to have to do. It's all I can do to keep up with everything at Casa de Chaos and these five dogs.

Happy Friday the 13th!

LuLu~*xoxo

Nan said...

Gail...I just couldn't agree more...I've been seeing more artists let their art go because they have become so addicted to FaceBook not to mention people who no longer tune in around "real" people! Thanks for the great image!

Just Playin' said...

Yep. I get it. I do like FB but Twitter makes NO sense to me. Haven't dropped it though. My husband thinks I'm seriously addictied as is.
I am sending the following to all blogs I follow.
To those on my Reading List:
Please do me a favor. Would you go to my blog and “follow” me again? Because I changed my URL, I have lost many of my readers. I know you can still hunt me down, but this will make it ever so much easier on you. I will once again show up on your Reader and Blog Roll. I knew this would happen but needed to change to be more representative of who I am now. I think this is the best fix. Thanks for your time. If you have another solution, let me know! Thanky!!!!!

Dragonfly Treasure said...

I agree whole heartedly!
But I stumbled upon a way to blog, tweet, facebook at the same time.
There's a way that when you post on blogger it updates twitter.
The there's a way that when you post on twitter it updates facebook.
SO I blog, it goes to twitter, then twitter goes to facebeook.
COnfusing I know, but it works.
And now when your list on Etsy or/and eBay it pops up on facebook.
ok, I have a headache now....wish I could remember how I hooked them all up, I'd love to pass it on.
*hugs*deb

Shabby Cottage Studio said...

Gosh Deb I wish you could remember because that sounds like it simplifies things! :-)

Tracy M. said...

OMG, that is so funny what you said about Twitter. I don't get it either. I recently joined Facebook, and you are not alone in the what the hell am I supposed to do party.
Oh well, I did at least hook up with a few long lost friends though.
Take Care,
Tracy M.

Nita Jo said...

I just don't get Twitter. My boys use it and seem to have fun with it. Maybe it's my age. I am enjoying FB as a way to keep in touch with family and friends, but I don't go in for all the games. Too time consuming. I love blogging so much more! Thanks for another great image... now if I could only make the time to do a little creating!

Blessings!
Nita Jo

Diane said...

Gail, me too! I have joined as friends on so many Facebook pages but don't have a clue how to add my own list! It's so very confusing. And I don't have time. I LOVE blogging and meeting friends through my blog and theirs. For me, blogging is my inspiration, my peek into the creative worlds of other like-minded women especially on days when I need a bit of a hug!

No Twittering either for me! Blogging only! There are only so many hours in the day and I spend the majority of mine creating my pins and painting for my art licensing business.

I'll be back to visit you again.
Thanks for always inspiring me.

Diane