Friday, December 18, 2009

Update

Two posts from me on the same day! Highly unusual.  But I just felt like an update. :-)
 "They" were right. It started snowing about 1:30 here in the mountains. And now at 4:30 this is what we have and it's still snowing.  Reports from Raleigh say they are getting the same.

  So pretty!  Even if it did prevent me from travelling.  At least I'm warm and safe at home, the fireplaces are going, Mr. Shabby has a pot of bean soup on the stove that is making me so hungry, and I spent the afternoon tucked up under a blanket in my comfy chair reading my new book, with absolutely no guilt nagging at me.  I mean I'm not even supposed to be here right?  So why should I feel any guilt to actually accomplish something. ;-) 
Ahhh, life is grand with it's small and simple pleasures.

Looking out our back door


View from the kitchen window



Gracie checking out our "bird tree" in the computer room.
Sorry little darlin', no birdies in the tree today.
post signature

9 comments:

Diva Kreszl said...

I'm so excited...it's headed our way too! Don't you just love when God gives you a day off???

Jenny S said...

Now, we just have freezing rain and sleet. I want SNOWWWWW!!!!

My Grama's Soul said...

Love the snow pictures. Here in AZ we NEVER SEE THE STUFF!!

Happy holidays,

Jo

Nita Jo said...

Gail, I've just been catching up on your posts! I love all the pictures of Miss Gracie in your studio.

We had the extreme cold and snow last week. Now the freezing rain has taken away the pretty snow and replaced it with black ice. At least it's a fine excuse for staying in.

I hope you have a wonderful Christmas!

Blessings,
Nita Jo

Linda L. said...

Lovely pics, we are to get a little snow on Christmas eve here in Missouri, all are hoping. Glad I put my order in before snow got to your place...hehe.

Joy said...

Gracie looks like she just can't believe her eyes.

SherryRoseBella said...

I love the picture of your sweet cat looking out the window! Wonder what he was thinking!!
Sherry

kecia said...

oh - i just love the kitty photo - it is beautiful!

Nita Jo said...

I'm catching up on the past weeks post reading! You've been busy. I love the photo of Gracie peeking out the window. Makes me want to go to the shelter and get me a kitty. I did just like you... the weather hemmed me in, so I enjoyed some reading and watching old movies!

Blessings and Hugs,
Nita Jo