Sunday, January 17, 2010

Kitchen Makeover Peek

If you haven't visited my blog before then you wouldn't know this, but Mr. Shabby is building me a new kitchen.  All by himself.  So it has not been, nor did I expect it to be, a fast makeover.  I am hoping though that by this spring we might have almost all of the major work done.  We spent this fall working on the eat in kitchen area, which Mr Shabby has dubbed the "Bistro".  In fact we are going to create a sign once we come up for a name for the "Bistro" and hang it above the wall. The eat in area sits at the back end of the kitchen, is about 7' x 7', and where we eat our meals when it is just the two of us.  So we wanted to make it warm and cozy.  And I think we're getting there.  I took a few teaser pictures this morning and thought I'd share them with with you.









This isn't in the eat in area but rather the kitchen area


I'm so wanting this kitchen done but I'm being very patient (for me). :-)

post signature

10 comments:

Jenglamgirl said...

Ohhh' looks like its going to be shabby and pretty!

LuLu Kellogg said...

Hi Sweets!

The teaser pics looks marvelous! I can't wait to see the finished product. Mr. Shabby is the Rock Star of remodeling!

I am back up and running since my old Gateway Notebook caught that nasty "Storm Worm Virus" last week and it ate my entire hard drive. I lost everything. I now have a new Dell Studio 17 laptop, new Internet Security and a huge supply of data sticks to put my work on so this never happens again.

I am back in the saddle and catching up on Blog visits this morning!

Love,
LuLu~*xoxo

Marilyn said...

O.K. Gail.... That's not a teaser!! I think we need a bit more...LOL!! I am pretty sure of your colors!! Can't wait to see the rest.... WOO HOO... I am sure it will be 2die4!!
What a huge undertaking.....kudo's to Mr. Shabby!!
Love,
Marilyn
xxoo

Dragonfly Treasure said...

How exciting! Can't wait to follow your progress. Love the teasers!!
*hugs*Deb

Tristan Robin Blakeman said...

lucky you! we did our kitchen 3+ years ago, and I"m already itching for a new one LOL.

love your curtain - that plaid is actually the first plaid I've ever been really crazy about!

and, of course, that chandelier - what a fab addition to a kitchen!

The Feathered Nest said...

Oh Gail, I just KNOW it will be gorgeous and keep reminding yourself that "good things come to those who wait!!" hugs and love, Dawn

sinnlighet said...

Woooow what a wonderful blog you have! Fell into this via another blog and will stop and look around.

Agneta, Sweden

slommler said...

All hail to Mr. Shabby!! I like what you have shown me so far! Can't wait to see more!!
Hugs
SueAnn

Tracy M. said...

Beautiful! Can't wait to see the whole thing.
Tracy M.

Kelley said...

You have a chandelier in your kitchen? Aww, I'm so jealous! I love chandeliers. :)