Monday, February 8, 2010

Groovin' in the Studio

Being a business owner and having to focus a lot of time and energies on it, my studio time is often rare, and sometimes elusive.  But this past weekend I had the deck cleared and walked through the studio door raring to go.  I finished a journal I had started earlier and created a new piece of art.


Altered Composition Book Journal

Fun nubby bark-cloth background and the girl image is surrounded by a needle felted piece of silk ribbon and fibers.  I will have to share pictures of my new "toy" in another post.




Fabric Collage Bird Wall Hanging

I created this hoping to hurry Spring along a bit.


I used to list all my artwork in my Etsy store but I've just made a change and hopefully it will work out.  I am now listing  "Art by Gail" in both Etsy and the Shabby Cottage Studio online store (different work in each store). 
I hope all of you who were hit by the latest storm was, and is, able to keep warm.  We were supposed to get some but luckily  it was too warm and so our snow became rain.  I say, enough snow already, let it be Spring!

post signature

8 comments:

slommler said...

Here, here!! I too vote for spring!! Your work is fabulous!! I got my embellishing machine two days ago. But I haven't had a chance to try her out yet. I am so looking forward to it.
Love what you are doing with yours
Hugs
SueAnn

Debby said...

WOW!!! So many gorgeous goodies.
debby

LuLu Kellogg said...

We got over 2 1/2 feet of snow and it's not gone ANYWHERE! We are expecting more to come starting late tomorrow....BLECH!

Glad you were spared this mess!

LuLu♥♥♥

Julie said...

Hey Gail, you had a great day in the studio, I can tell by your lovely creations. I love the bird wall hanging and the cover of your journal is gorgeous. Thanks for sharing them with us...xo Julie

Linda L. said...

Morning Gail, nice to see you finding time to play. Lovely pieces, yummy layers and color. Good for you.

Bunty said...

These are beautiful Gail! I especially love the little bird hanging - it's really lovely and has inspired me to get cracking and get on with something! I feel that my oomph has gone a bit since Christmas and I can't seem to move away from the computer to actually do something else with my hands. Thank you!

Hugs.

Barbara

Gerushia's New World said...

Gail,

It's feeling like spring here in Southern California today. But, that could change any moment.

I absolutely adore the simplicity of the bird in the wall hanging. There's so much beauty in the background, and then you have this simple little bird that just "pops". He really holds his own. Very beautiful.

Kim
Gerushia's New World
(Formerly Garden Painter Art)

Createology said...

I love your newest creations. The birdie collage is very ready for Spring. Happy Hearts to you. Keep creating...