Friday, March 19, 2010

Creating Lemonade

We've all heard the saying that when you are given lemons, make lemonade right?!  Well that is what happened with my latest book creation.  This book started out, and was supposed to be, a concertina style book, you know, opens like an accordion.  I used card stock to make the template in order to get it long enough and then I added 140lb cold pressed watercolor paper for the actual pages to cover the card stock.

Once it was all put together I began to happily play with paint, spraying, wiping, spritzing, brushing...you know the drill.  I (as usual) was going for something looking a bit old and vintage and was happy with how the colors were coming together.  Then I noticed something.   At each "seam" between the watercolor pages, the card stock was falling apart under my happy hands manipulations!  I studied on it for a bit and realized it just wasn't going to work as I imagined.  So I tore all the pages apart and decided that since I had also been wanting to make a book using the vintage covers of an old French text book I had, now was the time!  Here are some images of my lemonade.


Close up of cover


Cover


A few of the inside pages
I left room on every other set of pages for whoever purchases this book to add some journaling and some of their own images and added a few pockets with tags that can be removed and replaced with whatever.  Does that make this an interactive book?






Now listed in my Etsy store. SOLD Thank you!
Have a marvelous weekend everyone! 

post signature

8 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Tristan Robin Blakeman said...

http://tristanrobinblakeman.com/A101.gif

slommler said...

Beautiful Gail!! Definitely interactive!! Gorgeous!
Hugs
SueAnn

CARMELINA LOUNSBURY said...

oh this is inspiringly yummy!i want it!

ciao bella
carmelina

Lesley said...

This is just so beautiful! Very textural and tactile and a joy to behold.
Lesley

Ann Christine Dennison said...

I love that tag and the book cover!

Debbie Demmers-Lujan said...

Gail, you book looks beautiful!!! I am sure it will go over well! Been busy after what you shared with me, posted more on my blog as I just finished a "Children of the King" series that I believe brings honor to the Lord and I started typing out the e-mails for the book idea that I wrote you about. So, I would hope that eventually I can get a balance here. Thank you again for taking the time to share with me. Blessings, debbie

Stephanie Mealor Corder said...

Gorgeous, gorgeously delicious lemonade! This will be a piece to be treasured!